Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
seems over priced for what it is
I agree, but what looks interesting is the different thickness zip-off pads for the backrest, (3 included), and the bag has an internal frame, so it will act as a backrest even when your dope isn't in it.
I meant when it's empty.

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
I agree, but what looks interesting is the different thickness zip-off pads for the backrest, (3 included), and the bag has an internal frame, so it will act as a backrest even when your dope isn't in it.
I meant when it's empty.
dope, someone say dope?

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
My buddy has one on his VTX1300C. Has a bad back and won't ride the bike without it. That's how I know if it's his bike when I see it parked somewhere

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
I have had one on my Sabre for about 4 years and I do like it a lot as it makes a very good backrest. The only problem I have had is that it has faded from being out in the sun and now looks medium grey colored. It's not the biggest bag inside with the frame in it but you take it out and get more in it if needed. Search Ebay for a better price, I found several that were a lot cheaper just now.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Heard good things about it but never tried one.

You may also want to check out Biker's Friend. That's what I wanted before I had a backrest.
Biker's Friend-Motorcycle Saddle Bag Sizes-Motorcycle Luggage

Somebody else makes one similar but the inside pipe is grooved/ribbed to keep things from sliding.
I'm liking this bag. It does just what I have wanted. Provides storage and has a backrest built in. The rigid core means you can use the backrest even when the bag is empty.

Now I go look for pricing... That's usually where they lose me.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I don't know if you have your heart set on a Tombstone but I have a GranTour bag that goes everywhere with me. Typically I leave it on the luggage rack when going back and forth to work but for longer rides I strap it to the back seat. I did a longer write up on the bag on another site and if anybody is interested I can copy it over. With shipping I paid about $150.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I bought that exact bag. It is very good quality and comes with all sorts of strap and pads for attaching. BUT I have a 2004 vt1100c Spirit and even with the thinest pad ( it comes with three) it is still too long to fit between the sissy bar pad and the driver. I really like the bag and have debated with removing the sissy bar pad so I can use it or selling it. It has been sitting on my shelf for a year now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm going to pick one up used when I find the right price. The plan is to strap it to a solo luggage rack. I'm really hoping that works out like I imagine lol.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I really like the look of this, but the sissy bar for my Phantom is the short one. I haven't installed it yet, so I don't know how substantial it is, but do you guys think it is big enough to strap on a bag like this?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts