Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Aero 1100
76 Posts
I put a 60's Buddy seat on my Aero 1100, I made the mounts for 3" springs and a hinge from the tank mount bolt to the front of the seat. Low Brow Customs sells a seat mount for harley that mounts with the Shock mount bolts, an L shape with mounting hole and post for spring, this may work? Low Brow Customs has an excellent hardware selection, or at least gives ideas on what to make. My seat position is raised maybe 4" from stock and a bit forward. Also moved the handlebars forward with different straight mounts replacing the stock curved units. This is the whole reason I bought this bike, to experiment with ergonomics and the old style aesthetic. I'm a more on top of the bike and feel I can push it around easier, not that this bike is easy to slide or jump, that doesn't stop me from trying though. I really need to get the Africa Twin! I've looked at the RS750 (in red white and blue) that vaguely represents a Flat Tracker if I squint. That seems like a straight seat, flattrack bars and some trimming would help.

·
Premium Member
1999 Shadow 750 ACE VT750CD3 Modified
2,923 Posts
Take a search in the forums for "Wannab's Street Tracker" for some possible ideas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts