Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Honda VT750DC Shadow Spirit - Red
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the 2009 Honda VT750C2A Shadow Spirit have a fuel filter? The parts diagram does not show one. My other bike, a 2007 VT750DC Shadow Spirit has a replaceable filter. Also, how often show the filter be replaced?

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
17,465 Posts
Reactions: bweighmaster

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does the 2009 Honda VT750C2A Shadow Spirit have a fuel filter? The parts diagram does not show one. My other bike, a 2007 VT750DC Shadow Spirit has a replaceable filter. Also, how often show the filter be replaced?
I ride a 2006 Shadow Aero VT750C and it didn't have a filter, the strainer in the tank is all it had so I bought a Mr.Gasket filter at O'reiley's Auto Parts and put it in the line between the petcock and the tank, don't know if it actually does any good, but it makes me feel a lot better about having clean fuel in my carb, and I consider 12 bucks really cheap for piece of mind. It's been on for a coupe of years now and seems to work just fine. I got this one because it has different fittings and I couldn't find a 3/8" one that was small enough around to fit, also you can buy replacement cartridges for it for about 8 bucks for 3 and they are really easy to change when you tune your bike up. Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts