Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
4,110 Posts
My thoughts? Same as with the new Concours/14

"To Be Announced" does absolutely nothing to excite me.

Plus... I wanted a new 'Wing for years, and I still very much love the bike, but not at $24k. This thing, given the ameneties that the GL buyers are *still* buying at any price, will have to be a sub-$18k bike to garner favor in that circle.

$.02

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
It doesn't do a lot for me. I will not be trading in my Valk for one. I will say that the one without the trunk looks better than the one with the trunk. That V-shape created by the bags and trunk look hideous.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
I'm not ready to trade the stratoliner but on first look, you got to admire the innovative style. At 24k I don't think I'd be interested. The place where I bought the stratoliner had entry level wings for 16k.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
First thought that came to mind was "Meet George Jetson....Jane his wife"

I could see Michael Jackson taking a fancy to that bike..... :roll:

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
cbjr0256 said:
Only if it comes with a kiddie seat. :lol:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Looks like the ugly love child of a Goldwing and an Indian. :shock:

·
Registered
236 Posts
What an awsome bike. Nothing like a big V-twin tourer. If I wanted a pancake motor I'd by a Porsche so I wouldn't have to look at it. The lines are striking. It wreeks of Arlin Ness. Who cares what they cost or Wings for that matter. If I'm shopping for a top of the line tourer I'll pay the money to get what I want. If you always shop price you'll be compromising every time.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Paulie said:
cbjr0256 said:
Only if it comes with a kiddie seat. :lol:
that was my first thought,why wouldn't they just finish the sides on it and put the other 2 wheels on it and call it a car :?

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
It doesn't do much for me and I love the Vegas. As far as hitting GW? I doubt it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I had to look at it a minute or two and really give it a once over. I think the look could grow on me after a while. Trunk is hard to get over but is different.

As far as throwing Gold Wing off its throne...I don't think Goldwingers care for the v-twin to begin with. This will appeal to a different market.
--BB

·
Registered
628 Posts
Interesting information, but not enough of it.

The look's a little overwhelming at first, but I think it could grow on me.

My real questions would be in regard to power, ride and handling. Is this just one of the existing Victory models with some clever bodywork added? I suspect so, but I'll reserve judgement and wait for more info.

Regards. -Jay

·
Registered
658 Posts
(I know I'm gonna get skewered alive for this, but..... :lol: )

I just don't think a V-twin makes for a great tourer. There's a reason the Wing is the King, and IMHO the heart of it is in the motor.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
bearkatbiker said:
As far as throwing Gold Wing off its throne...I don't think Goldwingers care for the v-twin to begin with. This will appeal to a different market.
Bingo. One of the truly beautiful things about the Wing is its unparalleled smoothness -- engine, transmission, handling. It doesn't try to be a V-Twin tourer because it doesn't have to be ... it's a Wing; a different beast.

My guess is Victory is trying to nibble the bottom side of the Ultra Glide and Wing market. Make a big dent? No ... neither can be unseated from their particular perches, at least not in the short term. But still, they'll have some success, I'm sure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Victory needs to work hard on their reliability issues before they ever dream of making a touring bike. I have owned two in the last 5 years and they are not tour worthy by any means. I think Kawasaki BMW Yamaha and Honda have the touring market all wrapped up. It is one thing to make a bike that looks great and Victory has done that no doubt, but it is quite another thing to make a bike that is reliable. Victory is no ware near that to date.
V

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
That won't even come close to beating a G-Wing. It's a cruiser in fiber glass clothing. It's belt drive and a V-twin to boot and I don't think I could get my legs that far apart to sit behind all that. It looks uncomfortable to me. Someone buy it for me? I like being uncomfortable.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I love victory, they make some awesome looking bikes, I wouldn't think twice about buying one over a harley, But I gotta agree, that is one UGLY bike.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
TucsonDon said:
My guess is Victory is trying to nibble the bottom side of the Ultra Glide and Wing market. Make a big dent? No ... neither can be unseated from their particular perches, at least not in the short term. But still, they'll have some success, I'm sure.
My guess is that it would take a serious bike out of the Ultra's hold on V-Twin cruisers. They are both "American Made"...and that is what matters in that market.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts