Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bad news to share...pulled the bike out from the corner of the garage and put her in the wife's bay to do the 8k maintainance, didn't tell her!

You guessed it, she backed her truck in that night and knocked her over.

Just some cosmetic damage (hard bag scratched and mirror is broken) that I can fix fairly easily I hope. She started right up and doesn't seem real broken, just wanna make sure I don't miss something before trusting her on the road.

Any advise ? (besides dumping the wife like she dumped my bike?) :shock:

· Registered
4,689 Posts
Hoppy said:
Bad news to share...pulled the bike out from the corner of the garage and put her in the wife's bay to do the 8k maintainance, didn't tell her!

You guessed it, she backed her truck in that night and knocked her over.

Just some cosmetic damage (hard bag scratched and mirror is broken) that I can fix fairly easily I hope. She started right up and doesn't seem real broken, just wanna make sure I don't miss something before trusting her on the road.

Any advise ? (besides dumping the wife like she dumped my bike?) :shock:
Put bigger mirrors on the truck???

Thank god it wasn't a Hells Angel's bike in a parking lot......

· Registered
5,238 Posts
If it only looks like minor cosmetic damage, that I doubt anything mechanically serious happened to it. if it starts and the brakes work, take it out on a road and get it up to around 30. The forks are bent or the suspension is out of whack, it will show up at 30 most likely. best to put a few miles on it by going around the block, rather than hitting the freeway and finding out that you have a bent rim or something.

I doubt there's anything wrong with it.

I find that a few bright orange road cones have saved my bike while working on it in the driveway!

--Justin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.