Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
8)
So, here in very SoCal, the temps were destined for the high 70’s. having the morning off, I decided to drive a PGR mission. Once done, I found myself at the foot of the famed ( to some at least) Ortega Hwy. It would have been a shame to drive straight home, so I did the run from hwy 5 to lake Ellsinore. I thought that being a weekday, there would be little motorcycle travel, but I was very wrong. I think I lost count at 40 bikes if that was even accurate. I found myself a pocket in the traffic and set my sights for a leisurely 40 MPH cruise through the mountains. I have done this run many times, most for commuting purposes. However, I must say, today was one of the most enjoyable times. I wanted to stop and take a pic of my odometer as it clicked 14k but there was traffic behind me and no pullover to do so when I came to that point. Can you believe, since the end of June 06, and with 45 days of not riding it because of my accident, I have piled up 14k on the bike. Maybe it is just me, but it seems to be riding better then ever before, even when it was brand new. Here are some pics I took. I hope this gives the folks in the north east a good feeling as spring is just around the corner for you.

Cheers

Paul

A quick stop to enjoy the view

A turn out at 2000 ft just before the steep incline into lake ellsinore

A view from the top of the valley bellow

·
Registered
460 Posts
sweet pics dragoon :cry: wish it was like that here. but, the days are getting longer :twisted:

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
dragoon, may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits and other hairy spots :lol:
Sure it's bonechilling cold here right now but it'll pass and I'll be riding before you know it.
I'll think of you southerners this summer when you are trying to ride in 300 deg temps with us having a very comfortable 20 to 30 deg C. :D
It all evens out in the end. :)
Happy winter :wink:

G

·
0 Posts
Looks like a beautiful day
lovely pics
now drop dead!
(It's freezing here!!!!!! )

Note..no I don't want him to drop dead, though the fleas in the armpits thing sounds acceptable!

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
You would be WELL advised not to get to "uppied"............cause there are those of "us" who JUST might come YOUR way and take the engine outta your bike and throw it in that Lake pictured. Probably could get a few like "Sasquatch", "joepool" and a few other "crazies" to traverse to the other coast for a "plunder and pillaging tour". AND then look up some guy by the name of DRAGOON....................for a little "talk". :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :roll: :wink:

Bullzeyet......from the area where we're holding cars/trucks "hostage" on OUR interstate!!! We put all that snow/ice on the road......we know out of staters can't drive uphill. :p :roll: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
230 Posts
CrazyDave said:
Looks like a beautiful day
lovely pics
now drop dead!
(It's freezing here!!!!!! )

Note..no I don't want him to drop dead, though the fleas in the armpits thing sounds acceptable!
The fleas would work. Maybe add a few body lice just for the sport.

·
Registered
569 Posts
me jealous? na, i hit the starter button on mine, she fired right up. twisted the gas, snicked it in gear, dropped the clutch and down the driveway i went.....

·
Registered
249 Posts
You can only get awy with this so long as,I,GET my Early spring I've been promised.or i'm truckin the short distance to Kill so famous groundhog.
Nice pic's by the way Awesome scenery.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Mid 70's here today too. Left the house about 9am, had brakfast at McDonalds, then broused Wal-Mart, then broused Target, then broused my favorite gun store, then to Best Buy for a new gaming headset with mic, then to a flag store to get some new no-furl attachments for my American 3'x5' flag,then to a friends house to chat for awhile in his garage with his 3 Ducati motortcycles then finally home about 2pm.Kept the garage door open and worked on my car for a couple more hours, Friday's are good days to have off cause not to crowded. Trying to think of somewhere to go tomorrow, don't want to waste this beautiful weather because before you know it it'll be 115*...yuk.

·
Registered
270 Posts
ashadowrider said:
Great pictures Dragoon, I will be headed your way soon enough, but tomorrow I have Hwy 1 to the Golden Gate in my eyesights.
With the 70+ degs temps we are assured for tomorrow, I will take the long way home through Napa Valley.
Hey left you a message but if you want to do the Redwood road ( back hills of Oakland/ Berkeley) thru Moraga off Highway 24 around 1pm
let me know .
Since you are an early rider maybe it might work out for you on your way back towards home after the Golden Gate .

·
Registered
91 Posts
It was a fantastic day here in SoCal!! I rode most of the day myself, several others were riding as well.

I've got a great photo of a guy who has his Harley painted in the Captain America theme. Very nice guy from Venice, CA, we rode on Mulholland Hwy for a bit together. I'll post it as soon as I get it uploaded to photobucket.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Dragoon: Thank you for the pictures! That's about 10 miles from where I lived up 'till this year. If you want a nice leisurely ride, there is a road maybe a mile west of the lookout you took the picture of Lake Elsinore from that is called North Main Divide/ South Main Divide. North is a 4 or 5 mile loop that dumps you right back out on Hwy 74, just a few miles farther west. South Main Divide runs right along the ridge of the mountains heading south for quite a while, with many beautiful views. The launch point from the hang gliders you see around the lake most days is up there, and that's also where the sailplanes are released from the tow planes bringing them up from the Lake Elsinore Airport. The road is one lane, paved, and very twisty in spots. After following the ridge for a while it drops down into a pretty canyon (watch for rocks on the road, from the walls to the side) and crosses a stream before climbing to a beautiful meadow where the road widens and straightens up a bit. 2 or 3 mile into the meadow it ends at a T. I don't know what that road is called, but if you turn left (east), ride about 3-4 miles to another T and turn left again, you'll end up coming through a nature preserve and then dropping down to the 15 fwy just south of Lake Elsinore, on Clinton Keith Road. I never went right at the end of South Main Divide but it looks like it'd head back west, maybe to the 5 FWY south of San Juan Capistrano.

*EDIT* the road that South Main Divide ends at is Tenaja Road. According to Mapquest, if you were to go west on it you MAY be able to get back to civilization, but it'd be THROUGH Camp Pendleton. Also, there are campground registration areas at both ends of South Main Divide, with outhouses... a lifesaver!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts