Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
1997 Valkyrie Standard
10,918 Posts
still stuck in junior section ???

wondering??:!:
You actually need 3 individual threads started and approved in this section. Individual posts in other member's threads don't count toward your activation criteria despite what it says in the header line of this section about needing three posts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Really?

Wow, 3 THREADS in the Introductions forum? That seems a bit counter-intuitive. Not that I'm complaining as a new member, I swear!...lol Thanks for the info though, now I know...and knowing is half the battle!

--Johnny

·
Administrator
1997 Valkyrie Standard
10,918 Posts
Wow, 3 THREADS in the Introductions forum? That seems a bit counter-intuitive. Not that I'm complaining as a new member, I swear!...lol Thanks for the info though, now I know...and knowing is half the battle!

--Johnny
It can seem excessive, but really is posting three threads, even saying "hey how's it going really that hard of a thing for anyone to do? The reason this is in place is to stop the spammers in their tracks. What I've personally observed is that many spammers/spam bots have 1-2 fairly innocent posts before starting to spam the forum. By requiring all new members to have three threads posted and approved this has eliminated the spam from getting on the forum at all. Personally as a member of other forums nothing I hate worse than sifting through the spam to participate in a forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts