Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Think of Winter as a chance for your Wallet to "Work out" and get into better shape :mrgreen:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Think of Winter as a chance for your Wallet to "Work out" and get into better shape :mrgreen:
Yeah, It gives a chance for the moths to fly out.

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
The weather goofs are predicting 60*f tomorrow. I've either been traveling or working honey do's for the last six days and I think i'm caught up at two 1/2 houses/yards.
I'm gonna get a ride in.

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
down time?
PMS?
I dunno....
do some reflecting..I guess
go over some recent memories
slow down enough
to really see what
I have done this year
Did I make mods?
Did I like them?
What might I have missed the
last ride up north?
Plan..dream.. daydream
take recon trips in the car
for future rides
and every now and then
if atmospheric conditions
are right
flog the mistress
down a two lane
blacktop
on a sunny winter day.

·
Banned
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
down time?
PMS?
I dunno....
slow down enough
to really see what
I have done this year
Did I make mods?
Did I like them?
last ride up north?
Plan..dream.. daydream
for future rides
and every now and then
are right
flog the mistress
down a two lane
blacktop
on a sunny winter day.
Thanks that was very nice.

Yeah, It gives a chance for the moths to fly out.
LoL, good one :lol:

Even down in the Arizona Valley we get "Winter", people have fires in their fireplaces in the evening when it hits 50 degrees.

To us 50-60 is cold and we don't ride so much at these temps. Its a state of mind or maybe conditioning but we think of and feel 50 as a Midwesterner would of 30 degrees.

·
Registered
17,972 Posts
For ABATE, Winter is an active time in legislation session in our state...

Wednesday, January 21 we have rented the Rotunda at the capitol...
Come talk legislation over chili lunch with your legislators...
We need GA riders to fill the Rotunda and overflow Washington Street in front of the capitol and show our support for our agenda for 2015...

I`ve posted links in my signature to access our newsletter, it has our agenda in the November issue...

Form a relationship with legislators in your district,
Dennis

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
To us 50-60 is cold and we don't ride so much at these temps. Its a state of mind or maybe conditioning but we think of and feel 50 as a Midwesterner would of 30 degrees.
Heck if thats the case I'm set for 365 day a year riding in AZ!

I've been riding down in the 30's for a month now and have done so with no chaps or the such. and I only ride with a thermal shirt under my fleece hoody and then that under my NON-insulated jacket! And that's coming from a guy who has nearly no body fat to keep warm and I get extremely cold while hunting when it drops into the 30's and 20's and I'll be wearing much more warmth gear.

Up in the 50's we're taking multi hundred mile group rides!

·
Registered
190 Posts
When I was young I liked winter, but at 71 it hurts.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Thanks that was very nice.

LoL, good one :lol:

Even down in the Arizona Valley we get "Winter", people have fires in their fireplaces in the evening when it hits 50 degrees.

My Oldest son and family live in Phoenix and trying to get us to move there.
When I was in the USMC we had a deployment in Yuma and it was about 115 in the day and 70 at night, we put on winter coats for night guard duty! the 45-50 degree change made it feel like winter!
but boy was it nice last Christmas out there in the 70's during the day! I think I could get used to that! Even though it's nice here that is much better!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't think so with additional costs of heating, snow removal and expensive strategies to keep our incoming water from freezing....my wallet is always much weaker after winter than before!:-(

·
Registered
607 Posts
my winter gas and electric bills make my wallet it's bi... well... lets just say winter really isn't a break. not to mention my truck uses more gas than my bikes so it wants it's share of the money.

why am i not hating winter again?

·
Banned
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
my winter gas and electric bills make my wallet it's bi... well... lets just say winter really isn't a break. not to mention my truck uses more gas than my bikes so it wants it's share of the money.

why am i not hating winter again?
forgot about the cost of "the Holidays" too, maybe its the opposite, winter is not only more cold but more expensive too:shock:

·
Registered
467 Posts
down time?
PMS?
I dunno....
slow down enough
to really see what
I have done this year
Did I make mods?
Did I like them?
last ride up north?
Plan..dream.. daydream
for future rides
and every now and then
are right
flog the mistress
down a two lane
blacktop
on a sunny winter day.
Those last few lines remind me of the old move "Two Lane Blacktop"
Man that sure did have a bad ending with that '55.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts