Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I think I need a windshield on my 2002 Spirit 750 but I'm not sure which one. So, anyone who has a windshield please post a pic and a description (make , model, $$)
Thanks in advance..

Frank

·
Registered
884 Posts
Memphis Fats 21. Purchased from Wingthings-Texas.com (or something similar, google "wing things texas" & you'll find it). Price was whatever they charge.

BUT, I'm seriously considering the National Cycle PlexiFairing 3 (http://www.nationalcycle.com/catalogue/fairings.html) I had one on a '82 GL500 Silverwing that I really liked & it seemed to have more wind protection than the big ol' Memphis Fats.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I can help with a pic and a small discription, but no exact model. My sheild came with the bike when I bought it. It is by Memphis and is smokey in color. Like I said there is no markings on it to tell the model or size. I will do some investigating to see if I can tell ye which it is. peace.

·
Registered
87 Posts

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/shadowolf50/c50001.jpg

This is a Memphis Shades Pop Top.
I think the Fats or Slims is more what I want, but this is what the dealer would throw in for free when I bought the bike.
I just installed it today and it seems to do the job OK. You can still feel a fair amount of wind but most of the eye watering stuff is gone. I tried it up to about 85MPH.

·
Registered
534 Posts
National Cycle Plexifairing 3...works great for me.

·
Registered
884 Posts
glennc said:
Glenn,

That's the one I think I want to get for myself. I bet it cuts down a lot of the buffeting that comes from underneath the Memphis Fats, and provides extra hand protection for those really cold rides (tho I don't expect you get too many of those out there in the LV desert!). Do me a favor & think real hard about this ...

What's the downside of the PlexiFairing 3?

I didn't see this one listed for the Sabre, so I'm not sure if it'll mount up - is it a "universal" handlebar mount or something different?

How long did the installation take?

How difficult was the installation?

I'm just not as happy with my Memphis Fats 21 as I think I ought to be with a good windshield. Your response is appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
29 Posts
SaddleBags

Glenn:
What kind of bags do you have on the Spirit?
Like them? How do they ride?
Size? Adequate?
Did you have to modify the bike to get them to fit?

I need a set for an extended trip next month , any help in selecting some would be appreciated

John

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well since you and I have different bikes what I like might be right for you, but I can give you a place to get a GREAT deal on a windshield. I bought a Memphis Shades Big Shot on ebay for $169.90 with all the mounting brackets for 30 second removal and the shipping was FREE. If you go to ebay stores and where you type in the name of the store, type in "motorcycleonlinestore" and they have a bunch of Memphis Shades models there and their prices are the best I have found on the net. I tell you after going to the Memphis Shades I can see why they charge so much for their products, I will never go back to anything else. Besides that ebay store I mentioned has 100% positive feedback and they were quick to answer my questions. If you want a genuine Hondaline windshield with brackets ($143 value) I have mine on ebay for $60. Hope this helps and good luck in your quest.

Shane

·
Registered
129 Posts
droy said:
RiverWolf said:
Why do you think that you need a windshield?
So many do, and I am sure of great replys to your question.
To me, it will turn your bike into a car.
maybe a convertable?
If you've got a motorcycle with a windshield and a sidecar, you might as well have a little Miata convertable (not that there's anything wrong with that.) Just my opinion.

·
Registered
87 Posts
So if you have Saddle bags you might as well drive a delivery truck.

So if you have a jacket with armor you might as well drive a armored truck.

So if you carry a passenger you might as well drive a Limo.

Sound silly??

I thought so to

·
Registered
534 Posts
David said:
glennc said:
Glenn,

That's the one I think I want to get for myself. I bet it cuts down a lot of the buffeting that comes from underneath the Memphis Fats, and provides extra hand protection for those really cold rides (tho I don't expect you get too many of those out there in the LV desert!). Do me a favor & think real hard about this ...

What's the downside of the PlexiFairing 3?

I didn't see this one listed for the Sabre, so I'm not sure if it'll mount up - is it a "universal" handlebar mount or something different?

How long did the installation take?

How difficult was the installation?

I'm just not as happy with my Memphis Fats 21 as I think I ought to be with a good windshield. Your response is appreciated. Thanks!
Well I think it should fit the Sabre cause they're not not that much different than the Spirit. They come with universital handlebar mounts and fork mounts for the lowwer part of the fairing. Took about 1 hour to install...pretty easy, I had the National Cycle Street Ex on before but did'nt offer enought protection fron the wind in the winter...haven't found any a downside yet. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
534 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.