Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I don't care for HDs, but when someone is giving away a new $20k+ custom, I don't care what brand it is I'll throw my name in the hopper ;).
Could ride it for a while and sell it to a Harley fanatic.
Heh, doesn't cost anything to dream馃槍

Registered
I have nothing against Harley, Indians, BMW`s etc.
In fact.... I like the fact that Harley and Indian has a lot of American workers, earning a living wage.
If I won a Harley, I`d keep it and ride it.
Will I pay the price they want for one?, ....No.

Registered
I've bought raffle tickets for charities and been to events where one was raffled away as part of the price of admission, but I've never won, nor did I expect to, maybe that was the problem.
Good luck Ranma!

Registered
Last year a worker in our construction crew offered to sell his Harley for $5K. He bought it new and only had a few hundred miles on the odometer because he decided riding wasn't for him, and as a result it's been sitting in his garage for a number of years. Was it a good buy? I didn't even go look at it because if a harley don't run, it's a huge financial gamble to get it to run again even for reselling it immediately,

Registered
That j&p bike is beautiful. I would sell my shadow to pay the insurance/accessories and ride the sh*t out of it. I have had many bikes of all sizes and brands. I have no loyalty. The only bike I will never sell is the 1940 Matchless I inherited from my father when he passed away. Riding is riding. :cool:

Registered
Usually, I appreciate the appearance of most Harley's.
That bike looks too 'busy' for me. I can't even look at the exhaust system. That looks like some kid jury-rigged it.

Registered
If I won it I wouldn鈥檛 even ride it, but I would gladly sell it or trade it in on something. Mostly because I have a huge problem with HD and I鈥檒l be dead honest nearly all my dislike stems from them not being willing to be their own thing anymore. Used to be they set the standard for the entire industry but now they will flat lie to meet the standard. Easy to verify, go find any Harley made in the last three decades that advertises having 41mm forks. They鈥檙e not. They鈥檙e 1.625鈥 but HD fudges it, calls them 41mm and opens up a huge can of worms when they actually measure 41.26mm to 41.38mm and they do it wherever they seem to want with no rhyme or reason.

Do not want.

Registered
That sounds like it could suck, with every manufacturer and their brother using Showa forks, one would think....
I wonder why? Making parts in a metric country, and then specify 1 5/8" and call it 41mm, but then again H-D.
I remember the AMF years when 20 thou. was sometimes a close fit.
Lots better for many years now, but they definitely need a corporate rethink again or they will die.

I have nothing against H-D and ridden a few borrowed from friends and enjoyed the ride.
In fact there have been a few models I wish I owned, but most of them are not my kind of thing.

Registered
That sounds like it could suck, with every manufacturer and their brother using Showa forks, one would think....
I wonder why? Making parts in a metric country, and then specify 1 5/8" and call it 41mm, but then again H-D.
I remember the AMF years when 20 thou. was sometimes a close fit.
Lots better for many years now, but they definitely need a corporate rethink again or they will die.

I have nothing against H-D and ridden a few borrowed from friends and enjoyed the ride.
In fact there have been a few models I wish I owned, but most of them are not my kind of thing.
The most infuriating part is that Showa themselves knows what Harley is doing, and they still sell them fork lowers that are 鈥41mm鈥. Go try to put 41mm HD turn signal clamps meant to go around a fork on a 41mm Honda tube, they end up being loose as all hell on the actually 41mm Honda forks and require shims. Ask me how I know...

Registered
it's easy to say you would sell it, but that's because we're all pretty sure we won't ever win it. Back when I had H-D's I'd see peoples faces really light up the first time they sat on mine and rode it. Are they the greatest bikes ever made? Maybe/maybe not, but give someone a choice between riding a Low Rider with a 107 engine and any Shadow out there; 98% will say goodbye to their Shadow. Seen too many people on here throughout the years pick up a H-D and say how they'll keep their Shadow for running around own and stuff and sure as heck a couple of months later they are selling their Honda.

Registered
Wow.. Harley bashing still going on..
No bashing that I see...? some members shared their views of very specific and minor things they personally don鈥檛 care for but that鈥檚 all I see here. Guess I鈥檓 blind.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts