Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always been told by dealers and such, that I can't put floorboards on my '03 VLX 600, well I took a look at mototourinc.com (a link on this forum)and found them. I'm very excited to get these for my bike!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Floorboards for the VLX

Those do look nice TVAudio, but unless you have tiny feet, or there's something that isn't listed in the description, you're probably going to have trouble getting the shifter adjusted high enough to work. I'm not familiar with that brand of FB's but I can tell you about MC Enterprises floorboards with the heel toe shifter kit. One of my riding buddies has an 03 VLX and he put MC's on it. All it took was one ride and now I'm seriously wanting a set for my 03 VLX. I tried putting another make of FB's on my VLX (got them off Ebay) and the knuckle on the shift lever hit the mounting bracket before I could get it high enough to get my toe under the shifter. My boots do have steel toecaps but I only wear a size 8-1/2. Good luck and which ever way you go you'll really like floorboards.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
628 Posts
floor

I am thinking about getting them for my Shadow. What reason/s did the dealers give you for not having them put on?

Jim

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Jim,

The dealers told me that no one made floorboards for the VLX600's, that was the only reason.

Malone - thanks for the info on the MC Enterprises FB's, I'm going to check into those. I'm a size 10(women's), so the mototourinc.com FB's might be a bit small.

Peace

1 - 4 of 4 Posts