Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright all you madhouse occupants, before your mind gets too far into the gutter, these are nothing like "Thunder Beads" or any other behind the scenes goings on. These Dyna Beads are used for balancing tires, I havent used them yet, but my brother has used them in every bike that he has, my father is about to use it in his HD. My brother swears by them, and will never do anything else for his tires. Has anyone else used them?
here is a link to their website
Tire Balancing Products

·
Registered
117 Posts
I also highly recommend them. I had new tires mounted last fall and they are smooth as glass. I don't think I'll ever use anything else.

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Yup, lots of folks here use them. Actually, they've often been a topic for lasting debates. I use them, and I love them.

Do a search on this forum for them, and you'll pull up a lot of threads.

--Justin

·
Registered
839 Posts
I would like to offer up an alternative that i've found and am currently using in my bike. "Counteract Balancing Beads".

I wouldn't presume to make a suggestion as to where you should get it, but i do think you should research what's out there and make a decision on your own as to which product you want and where to get it.

My point to this is that i found the Counteract product to be MUCH more cost effective than the Innovative Balancing product. I bought a 1-pound bag for about the cost of a 5-ounce Dyna Beads kit. I now have enough beads left over for a number of tire changes.

Just saying... the beads work great, wouldn't you like to get more for your money?

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
We had very good results with Dyna Beads on our last tire change on the Valk. Up to 100mph she was as smoooooooth as can be. It is said that if one should have to deflate the tire and/or remove the valve stem core, the Dyna Beads become a pain. That may be, but there are very few circumstances which compel one to intentionally deflate a tire or remove a valve stem. We heartily recommend the Dyna Beads; and we plan to use them when we put new rubber on the Beast.

We trudge on.

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Use caution when putting ANY solid object inside your tires.
According to the Dunlop website putting any thing (we had this same discussion a few months ago,(and then a few months before that) so I'm not diggin for the link again, do a search) inside of their tires voids their warranty.

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
Use caution when putting ANY solid object inside your tires.
According to the Dunlop website putting any thing (we had this same discussion a few months ago,(and then a few months before that) so I'm not diggin for the link again, do a search) inside of their tires voids their warranty.
Yeah, but Dunlops are borderline defective straight from the factory, anyway.

·
Registered
839 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
I'm on my third set of Goldwing tires using Dyna-beads, so obviously I am pleased with them. I spoon on my own tires and this makes the balancing a snap for the DIYer. The naysayers are usually the ones that have never tried them. A rider friend of mine, not convinced yet, that rides a GL1800 replaced his front wheel with a chromed one. It looks pretty with the exception of his "stick on" wheel weights. It seems like every time I walk past his parked wing I notice his gleaming chrome wheel and then I zoom in on those ugly lead weights. Looks like poop on a white hen's rear....!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts