Honda Shadow Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts
Discussion starter · #22 ·
Today I received my shipping confirmation from eBay that my returned shield had been delivered to the seller. So now just waiting for the refund to be processed before ordering my new one. Now I'm wondering if I should order the clear or solar shield so looks like some travel to some of the local bike shops and dealers on Saturday to see if they have a display of the various color options.

It could take more than a week to get your refund. Especially if you used a credit card on file with paypal. The refund has to be processed through paypal, then the credit card company, and back through paypal again before the funds are posted. I just went through that a month ago. Its frustrating.

Today I received my shipping confirmation from eBay that my returned shield had been delivered to the seller. So now just waiting for the refund to be processed before ordering my new one. Now I'm wondering if I should order the clear or solar shield so looks like some travel to some of the local bike shops and dealers on Saturday to see if they have a display of the various color options.
This sounds counter-intuitive, but I'd recommend stick with the clear. Let your goggles dim the light for you, not the windshield. This way, in low-light conditions, you can wear clears and have an unobstructed view of the road, anytime of the day or night.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
This sounds counter-intuitive, but I'd recommend stick with the clear. Let your goggles dim the light for you, not the windshield. This way, in low-light conditions, you can wear clears and have an unobstructed view of the road, anytime of the day or night.
That's what I was thinking also.

Too short for my 6'1" height so the wind would hit me on top of the helmet. My Dad who is 5'7" cut it down to 17" so he could see over it when he owned the bike.
If the wind hits you on the top of the helmet, why are you getting a taller screen that will make you look through it?

If the wind hits you on the top of the helmet, why are you getting a taller screen that will make you look through it?
Ummm....I'm 6'3" and looked over a 23" tall windscreen. He's looking for one that doesn't pound his helmet.

Like his father, buy tall & cut down. Buy short & suffer.

Discussion starter · #29 ·
I won't be looking thru it but just a tad over it with room to adjust up and down. Plus thinking ahead when I replace the stock Honda seat with a Mustang seat later this year which raises the seat height. ;)

Ummm....I'm 6'3" and looked over a 23" tall windscreen. He's looking for one that doesn't pound his helmet.

Like his father, buy tall & cut down. Buy short & suffer.
Oh man, if only the industry recognized the fact that there are riders over 6 feet tall. I have the tallest windshield you can buy for a batwing (Clearshields) and wind still buffets the top of my helmet. I give up ...

I won't be looking thru it but just a tad over it with room to adjust up and down. Plus thinking ahead when I replace the stock Honda seat with a Mustang seat later this year which raises the seat height. ;)
Well im 6ft and the Hondaline that came on my Spirit was just low enough to look over, but the air actually hit me in the mustache.

The only time i dont love riding without a shield is when im around 80. On the Fury my knees are higher than on the Spirit and the air blows up them, up my chest and tries to lift my doorag off lol.

Discussion starter · #34 ·
I've never had a problem with mustache tickles but then I keep mine trimmed short. :D
AnyHOO the seller refunded my purchase to my Paypal account today and I submitted the transfer to my bank account so will be a couple of days before it gets posted. My assistant mgr bought my old shield to mount onto his 95 Honda Shadow 1100 ACE which is basically naked except for saddle bags.

Discussion starter · #35 ·
I received my new MS Fats shield today from Cruiser Customizing via FedEx. Box looked like it had been around the world with previous shipping labels removed and retaped several times. Upon removing the bag and foam packing the shield had a major crack in the lower left hand side and some scuff marks center. Called their customer service immediately to report my damaged goods and sent pics to get a RMA and return shipping label. Now I have to wait for that to be sent. I requested that I receive a brand new factory shield since this one had a MS date label of 10/16/2012. Replacing a windshield shouldn't be this exasperating.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.