Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on vacation from my part time job this week to spend Thanksgiving with my wife's side of the family not too far away so it will be drive there and back on Thursday. So we had to go shopping today for our part of the food we need to bring and for some things for next months vacation to go pick up my son after he graduates boot camp.
While out I decided to go look at a few things I may want for my bike or for riding and my wife said if you need the stuff now just get it!
So I got some insulated liners for my gloves so I'll be warm enough on longer rides in the winter. Got 2 red stick on reflecters to stick on the back of my back rest. Got a little stick on cross that I need to find a good place to put it. Then I got a rubber pad for my kickstand, the piece I have been using was working great until I parked on a very slight incline and my bike started sliding on it, caught it on time but learned that isn't going to work in all situations so I got a cheap hard rubber one from wally world which should stay put. And lastly I've been reading on here and other places about louder horns and heard this on mentioned a few times as being good so I bought a Solo Bad Boy air horn and plan on installing it tomorrow.
So all small things but fun doing a little shopping for my bike and myself!
Hopefully the horn works out good!
I'm also looking into some add on hand grips to lesten the vibration and probably order them tomorrow. Then I think I'll be done! Yea right! At least for now.

·
Registered
18,122 Posts
Merry Christmas

Christ is the reason for the season of Christmas,
D

We`ll be in traffic tomorrow to Sebring, FL for our Thanksgiving feast with family over the weekend
Everyone enjoy these holidays...
And remember, I don`t say Happy holiday I tell you Merry Christmas

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Merry Christmas

Christ is the reason for the season of Christmas,
D

We`ll be in traffic tomorrow to Sebring, FL for our Thanksgiving feast with family over the weekend
Everyone enjoy these holidays...
And remember, I don`t say Happy holiday I tell you Merry Christmas
Have a safe trip and enjoy family time!
We celebrate Christ every day! So we have Christmas/Resurrection day everyday!
When it comes to Christmas we usually hardly spend anything on each other because we get what we need all year long! My wife wanted to wrap up the horn but when I told her it was for safety she said go ahead and install it now so today I will try to make time for that in between cleaning guns from going to the range before my son left for boot camp, used to do that the same day but just to busy lately, and helping my wife and sons girlfriend getting boxes out to decorate for when my son gets back. So it will be another busy vacation day!
We usually don't get too much into decorating but the girls want to for our son so I let them have at it, I just have to dig all the stuff out of the shed!

·
Read Only
2,714 Posts
I'm on vacation from my part time job this week to spend Thanksgiving with my wife's side of the family not too far away so it will be drive there and back on Thursday. So we had to go shopping today for our part of the food we need to bring and for some things for next months vacation to go pick up my son after he graduates boot camp.
While out I decided to go look at a few things I may want for my bike or for riding and my wife said if you need the stuff now just get it!
So I got some insulated liners for my gloves so I'll be warm enough on longer rides in the winter. Got 2 red stick on reflecters to stick on the back of my back rest. Got a little stick on cross that I need to find a good place to put it. Then I got a rubber pad for my kickstand, the piece I have been using was working great until I parked on a very slight incline and my bike started sliding on it, caught it on time but learned that isn't going to work in all situations so I got a cheap hard rubber one from wally world which should stay put. And lastly I've been reading on here and other places about louder horns and heard this on mentioned a few times as being good so I bought a Solo Bad Boy air horn and plan on installing it tomorrow.
So all small things but fun doing a little shopping for my bike and myself!
Hopefully the horn works out good!
I'm also looking into some add on hand grips to lessen the vibration and probably order them tomorrow. Then I think I'll be done! Yea right! At least for now.
"Yea right!" is correct! The 'modding' NEVER ends. Just about the time you think it's 'perfect', you'll find something else that you like or think would look good on the bike, and you're back to 'modding', again.

I'm looking for a louder horn, myself. Where did you get yours, and how much was it, if you don't mind my asking? I found one of the Kuryakyn ones on eBay for HD bikes which includes a flame cover for about $42, but hadn't gotten it yet. Hoping my wife will give me the same 'Christmas idea', too, but I doubt it will happen. However, I think I'm going to send her my eBay 'wish list', and see if she decides to get any of them. Hopefully...;-)

BTW, hoping to see you and your wife on Dec. 6th for our CMA breakfast meeting and/or Christmas party later that evening.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"Yea right!" is correct! The 'modding' NEVER ends. Just about the time you think it's 'perfect', you'll find something else that you like or think would look good on the bike, and you're back to 'modding', again.

I'm looking for a louder horn, myself. Where did you get yours, and how much was it, if you don't mind my asking? I found one of the Kuryakyn ones on eBay for HD bikes which includes a flame cover for about $42, but hadn't gotten it yet. Hoping my wife will give me the same 'Christmas idea', too, but I doubt it will happen. However, I think I'm going to send her my eBay 'wish list', and see if she decides to get any of them. Hopefully...;-)

BTW, hoping to see you and your wife on Dec. 6th for our CMA breakfast meeting and/or Christmas party later that evening.
Somehow I missed this response. The horn I got is the Wolo model 419 and it came with the relay for $38 at Harbor Freight, its the same as what you're looking at but without the flame cover. Online they have wiring kits and wiring harnesses for sale that can be used with them but I made my own because I figured the one sold by them would have to be modified anyway. Just a few connectors and an inline fuse holder and a fuse and some wire which I already had. Pretty easy install, take the seat off to get at the battery and hook up the fuse to the positive terminal and find a place to tie the relay up under the tank and hook in the existing horn wires to the horn and the others to the relay and ground and battery and mount the new horn to the existing bracket. It's very loud and works great. when i was getting some connectors at O'Rielies auto parts i saw they had them on sale with the relay for $32. but it would have cost me more time and gas to return the one I got then it was worth so you can check there and see if they are still on sale and i think you can get the flame cover online separate and they may even have it at O'Rielies. anyway good horn for the money from what i have seenand heard about.
As far as the 6th we'll have to see, getting ready to leave the following week to pick up my son from bootcamp!

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I must have been tired when I wrote the instructions. the existing horn wires go to the relay and the positive from the horn to the relay and through to the inline fuse then to the positive terminal of the battery and the negative from the new horn to ground.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts