3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
9,278 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Traffic enforcement is DFW is a joke! They sit at stop signs at dead intersections and pull you over for not stopping for the 3.5 years that they want you to or whatever it is. Of course they are never around for the idiot in the BMW doing 90 down the Tollway in the pouring rain, but they will surely pull you over for not stopping at that stop sign in a part of town that has almost no traffic!

·
Registered
9,278 Posts
Traffic enforcement is DFW is a joke! They sit at stop signs at dead intersections and pull you over for not stopping for the 3.5 years that they want you to or whatever it is. Of course they are never around for the idiot in the BMW doing 90 down the Tollway in the pouring rain, but they will surely pull you over for not stopping at that stop sign in a part of town that has almost no traffic!
Run stop signs do you? :wink:

·
Registered
789 Posts
Shadow, police radar does not work very well in the rain. (Don't tell anybody!) On my way to Shreveport to visit my mom, I'll go from Wichita Falls to Texarkana just to avoid DFW. Can't always avoid it completely 'cause the BIL lives outside Fort Worth, so if we stop there, we usually go south of the cities. DFW adds at least an hour to the Albuquerque to Shreveport run--- usually closer to two.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
The article SERIOUSLY overstates the speed traps in the DFW area. Yes - people drive like assholes here (they do everywhere) but there is nowhere near the exaggerated amount of traps stated in the article.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Run stop signs do you? :wink:

No I don't run stop signs. Apparently I don't stop long enough. I stop every time, but according to the cops I didn't stop long enough. My main issue is that they will be running stop sign duty at an intersection with virtually no traffic, while 2 blocks away there are people running lights and blocking the intersection.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts