Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
- - Question refers to 2006 Shadow Aero - -

Please help. I don't have my manual and haven't started the project so I am basing this off of looking at the situation.

I bought a set of hardbags with built in signals and wiring. When I mount them I need to tap into the rear signal wiring. I see the wiring running behind the fender rail and going through the fender (very inaccessable). I am trying to find out where is the easiest place to make the hardbag signal wire/factory signal wire connection. I really don't want to take the rear signals off because the rubber stalks never seem to fit back properly and was sort of hoping that maybe by taking the seats off I have a pretty good chance of making the connection.

thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.... that is exactly what I needed. Will let you guys know how this junior wrencher's project goes (if the wife lets me get to it this weekend)!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Eldorado said:
Just get one of those little wire testing lights from the Auto Store, that way you can check the wires real easy for which everone you want.
Or, since you'll be getting your soldering equipment out anyway, make your own with a couple of pieces of wire and a flashlight bulb, preferably from a flashlight that uses a whole stack of batteries. You could even put alligator clips on the ends of the wires if you're ambitious, otherwise just twist the strands into a stiff pointer with the solder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts