Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the Canadian Rally is the 22nd of August and I will not be able to attend :cry:

When is the East Coast Rally????? Hopefully sometime in July???

·
Registered
587 Posts
Labswine said:
Since the Canadian Rally is the 22nd of August and I will not be able to attend :cry:

When is the East Coast Rally????? Hopefully sometime in July???
Usally the california rally is at a later date..... :roll: :roll:

sorry couldn't resist

·
Registered
799 Posts
we had it in July last year, and while at dinner one night there was disscussion of holding the rally some time in the fall, I had to put in for vacation dates for next year because we went union , so I put in for the first week of Oct, Brice and Mike and I talked about picking an area in that western NC-SC area, and everyone just meeting there....having done quite a bit of riding in that area I know of some awsome roads......we need to get the disscussion going if anyone is interested in a fall rally in the hendersonville.....brevard NC area

·
Registered
206 Posts
i'm all for moving the venue to the NC Area but someone needs to begin talks of who, what, when and where before they get behind....Early planning makes it a whole lot easier when the rally gets here...If my help is needed I will be glad to pitch in, also if you guys want it back in the mountains of VA just let me know....
Robert

·
Registered
302 Posts
Western NC has an endless supply of twisties. Asheville, Hendersonville, Boone, Banner Elk are all good "staging" spots.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Mount Airy is a nice spot too...

You could jump on the parkway 30 minutes up the road and go north or south. You could drive 52 east and hit 66 and ride some CRAZY roads up to Hanging Rock State Park. (my backyard)

Sadie & White Knight seemed to enjoy Mayberry town...

(maybe they can chime in on their impression)

Asheville is nice, but I"m not familiar with the local roads.

Unless we can find someone who is local to some of these areas, I'm not sure how we'd set it up.

Mount Airy would be easy-- I could help, or we could always do Roanoke -- everyone seemed to enjoy that spot.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
I'm ok with the fall and Western North or South Carolina I just hope you pick a place with a bar. I want to have something to do when all of you are out riding on Saturday. :lol:

·
Registered
799 Posts
If you all are interested in that Hendersonville/ Brevard NC area I think that Brice and I with some support from Rob and Mike if he is interested too and cant forget Rich (I know im drafting folks that might not be able or want to so I hope they pm me or chime in) could pull it together with lots of great riding . like I said having ridden in that area alot in the last year I have been showen some awesome roads and sites to see.

I am going to start a thread first a vote on location, then we can decide dates.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts