Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into changing my bags and would like to use the Easy Brackets. Problem is that I can't find my 96 Shadow VT1100C listed with the bracket # on their web site. I see the Spirit, ACE and Aero listed. I wonder if one of these are a compatible fit for my Shadow? I sent an e-mail to them with my question and bike info and my reply was what model VT1100C. :roll:

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Just email the Great Bike Gear (Easy Brackets) folks about your problem. Bob & Jon are really easy to work with and they will help you figure out what you do or don't need before you order. I had some problems with the fitment for my bike, after taking some measurements for them and sending a couple of pictures they put together exactly what I needed. Good folks!

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just email the Great Bike Gear (Easy Brackets) folks about your problem. Bob & Jon are really easy to work with and they will help you figure out what you do or don't need before you order. I had some problems with the fitment for my bike, after taking some measurements for them and sending a couple of pictures they put together exactly what I needed. Good folks!
I've been in e-mail contact with Bob, his last reply he wants me to take pics of the fender mounts. That's going to be tough right now as the Shadow is put away in the shed and I don't get home till after it's dark. I'll have to untie the current bags so I can flip it up out of the way to take pics of the fender mount.

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I've been in e-mail contact with Bob, his last reply he wants me to take pics of the fender mounts. That's going to be tough right now as the Shadow is put away in the shed and I don't get home till after it's dark. I'll have to untie the current bags so I can flip it up out of the way to take pics of the fender mount.
The problem I was having was I have a no-name sissy bar, no markings except for some numbers stamped into the mounting brackets. It took several emails, some pictures and measuring the bolts and mounts. They never did figure out what brand my sissy bar is, but they did get the fitment right for the easy brackets.

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
The problem I was having was I have a no-name sissy bar, no markings except for some numbers stamped into the mounting brackets. It took several emails, some pictures and measuring the bolts and mounts. They never did figure out what brand my sissy bar is, but they did get the fitment right for the easy brackets.
Reply from Bob's e-mail today "I need to see the fender rail and the center to center of the fender rail bolts...also the length of the bolts" I guess to make it easier for Bob, I'll enlist a friend to hold a tape measure for the side and top pics. I believe my sissy bar is stock Honda and came installed on the bike when my dad purchased it new from the dealer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts