Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19,087 Posts
I`ve done the latex underliner in the past, I was not impressed with my experience at 19 degrees...
I do use handwarmers inside the the thermal gloves, that seems to work here in swGA on the few COLD days we get here...
Lots of local folk park/store their Bike fer the winter ~ NOT ME!!!
IF I just have a short distance it ain`t no need in getting the handwarmers out, my thermals do a great job...
BUT I fount that them 2-1/2 hour trips to Hotlanta area I need the extra warmth...
Ride ON!!!
D

·
Registered
88 Posts
In my experience: ok for shorter rides. My hands start sweating because they're not getting any air circulation to wick away moisture. Wet + cold = colder.

That is for me though, YMMV.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
I use the latex gloves to keep warm, but you really need 3 layers to do it right. Get a pair of cheap cotton gloves and put them on first. Then put the latex gloves on over those. Then put on a decent leather glove other that. The leather gives you protection, the latex seals the air out, and the cotton wicks away perspiration so you don't get sweaty hands. Works pretty good. Also works well as part of the rain gear!

--Justin

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
..hmmf...I ride with my hands down my pants, my nutz are hotter than my pockets..:shock::shock:
:shock: I don't laugh often...but this made me spit water out my nose. Very funny. :lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
:shock: I don't laugh often...but this made me spit water out my nose. Very funny. :lol::lol::lol:
===
You aint alone Bud!!!! ROTFLMAO!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
===
You aint alone Bud!!!! ROTFLMAO!
About that time again,

.....you guys remember the "pants" thread bout this time last year....

I was in Denver for a family member's wedding, setting in the hotel rooms readin on here each evening, came across member wanting something to keep exhaust from burning his leg.... PANTS was some wiseguys response..... Had me rollin in the floor, had to explain it to to the ol lady/kids wonderin wahts so funny.... I know some of you guys remember it... Susan/Bedhead.....

UH, to the OP. What about polypropylene gloves? That's the best thermal underware I ever wore, wonder if there glove's made of it???

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.