Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was about to bite the bullet and order two of the diaphragms for my 96 ace 1100, at nearly $150/ea.

I thought of it as I took my first long trip on it down I35 from Waco to Austin, and got 28mpg, and I was trying to decide if the top end performance was right on the bike.

So, for half the price this eBay seller is putting out these diaphragms which are obviously not OEM, so curious if anybody has any thoughts.

P.S. I started thinking of it as on the highway at 80mph+ it felt like it had low energy, and top gear seemed like it only was happy if on level surface or downhill.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I was about to bite the bullet and order two of the diaphragms for my 96 ace 1100, at nearly $150/ea.

I thought of it as I took my first long trip on it down I35 from Waco to Austin, and got 28mpg, and I was trying to decide if the top end performance was right on the bike.

So, for half the price this eBay seller is putting out these diaphragms which are obviously not OEM, so curious if anybody has any thoughts.

P.S. I started thinking of it as on the highway at 80mph+ it felt like it had low energy, and top gear seemed like it only was happy if on level surface or downhill.
Don't buy those diaphragms.
Look here: JBM Industries Rubber Carburetor Boot Socket Holders & Diaphragms
JBM "How to measure" the motorcycle CV carburetor diaphragm goove. (jbmindustries.com)
jmo,

Reactions: CSRoad
1 - 3 of 3 Posts