Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,678 Posts
I've thought about those cheap hardbags on ebay as well and came to the conclusion, you get what you pay for. I think some members here have tried them and they didn't hold up very well. No pic of your ride in a signature? What gives? Let's see that bad boy!

·
Registered
612 Posts
I had these on my bike at one time.
SSPX0317.jpg

They looked alright but they shook a lot.
Eventually, one of them cracked and rather than repair it, I chose to ditch them for good quality leather bags.

Now I have a fairing on my bike and I have bought some more hard bags.
Just haven't installed them yet.

10645027_656509001133096_5879615263383669439_n.jpg

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
I put cheapass bags and topbox on the Vulcan. I have had more expensive GIVI luggage on other bikes and while the quality is superior the important thing is that they all hold stuff inside. And with cheapies there is less worry about expen$ive damage if you drop the bike.

As far as cracking I think that can be avoided by careful installation with some sort of vibration-absorbing insulation between the plastic of the bags and the hard parts they are bolted to. My main complaint about the cheap bags has to do with the locks -- but none ever fell open, so what the heck.

Disclaimer: I am partial to rattle-can paint jobs and all manner of cheap solutions without much regard to cosmetics -- function over appearance is my motto. If your self esteem is dependent on the looks of your bike (a serious personality disorder IMHO:mrgreen:) you should probably go for the premium brands.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have used those same saddle bags for the last 3 years with no problems,other than they are pretty small.We can get our rain gear in them and that is about it.

·
Registered
383 Posts

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
I put a tour pack on, the pack itself is doing well but the cheap lock lasted about a year

·
Registered
520 Posts
I have the same ones for about a year and a half and so far I can't complain, The brackets that come with them will make them shake a bunch instead I made a plate which brought them closer to the bike and holds them better, I wish they were slightly bigger but for the price I like them.
http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/53-general-bike-discussion/213666-fixing-saddle-mounts.html
They look good on your bike but very small. Can you fit a pop can in them? Been thinking of buying them to just waiting for more guys to demo for me.

Anyone know of a great tour bag like these but maybe bigger

·
Registered
383 Posts
They look good on your bike but very small. Can you fit a pop can in them? Been thinking of buying them to just waiting for more guys to demo for me.

Anyone know of a great tour bag like these but maybe bigger

I can fit a 2 liters and maybe something small in top of that if you want i'll snap some pics, I also found a trunk that matches the bags and I can fit my helmet sideways in it

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I don't think they look bad at all. Like you said...maybe a little small but for that price, (which included shipping) not bad at all.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I have a slightly different style cheap bag. They had to be modified due to them cracking and breaking. I had to line the inside back with aluminum plate then remount them. They are small but then again so is my bike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts