Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We need to start thinking about what weekend to plan the ECR 2010 rally since some folks are already having to put in vacation dates for next year.

Because of scheduling issues with the 1st of the month-- some of us were thinking the 2nd or 3rd weekend in October might be better to plan for if we want a good turnout.

Please take a look at your calendars and let me know what you think and what weekend might work best for you..... majority wins of course..

Rick & Dave & I are looking to plan the rally somewhere around Mount Airy or Meadow of Dan... we are going to start scouting out some possibilities for accomodations... This would put the rally around the NC/VA border close to the parkway.... Holla !! :D

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,209 Posts
The second weekend (Oct 8, 9 & 10) would be my first choice -- but only because it includes my wedding anniversary and that would make it MUCH easier for me to get my wife to come along. (Mt. Airy helps a LOT, btw -- she grew up in the Winston-Salem area.)

But my preference is not that strong so if it is close and someone wants to buy my vote...

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
adlowe said:
The second weekend (Oct 8, 9 & 10) would be my first choice -- but only because it includes my wedding anniversary and that would make it MUCH easier for me to get my wife to come along. (Mt. Airy helps a LOT, btw -- she grew up in the Winston-Salem area.)

But my preference is not that strong so if it is close and someone wants to buy my vote...
This would be good for me also.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Is October the best month, with Global Warming and all, it cold be alot colder then? :wink:

Since I'm between jobs (that's right I got laid off!), I really can't say yeh or nea on any date. Whatever you gals and guys decide, I'll do my best to make it. Hopefully I will be self employed so it won't matter!

Bruce

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Dr Bob's Patient said:
Is October the best month, with Global Warming and all, it cold be alot colder then? :wink:

Since I'm between jobs (that's right I got laid off!), I really can't say yeh or nea on any date. Whatever you gals and guys decide, I'll do my best to make it. Hopefully I will be self employed so it won't matter!

Bruce
I'm sorry to hear that Bruce. I have faith in your abilities though and I expect to see you in October.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rick & I would just as soon ride in December-- at least then, you're the only bikes on the road!!!

Seriously-- I think we'll be fine any weekend in October-- there's no trouble with weather, etc until after Christmas.....

Good luck on the job front Bruce.. self employed is always better than working for "the man"....

·
Registered
640 Posts
I'm open for either weekend but the second one will give us a chance to see the Fall colors down there.

Good luck Bruce in your job search. BTW, I am still wearing the friendship braclet you gave all of us.

·
Registered
622 Posts
C Nile said:
I'm open for either weekend but the second one will give us a chance to see the Fall colors down there.

Good luck Bruce in your job search. BTW, I am still wearing the friendship braclet you gave all of us.
Thanks guys. I put my bracelet back on after the layoff. It brings good vibes! On the job front, I passed the SC Insurance exam this week and should have my license by the end of next week. Closes thing I can figure to being self employed without owning a business!

Bruce

PS: Any time in Oct is fine with me.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I just need to know what weekend so i can bid my vacation to coincide. The 9th is good though. I bid on Nov.12 (this Thurs.) so I kinda need to know in order to have the best possibility to be there.

·
Registered
11,082 Posts
Denise.....I tried 3 PM's to you but it comes back to my mailbox each time.

Any issues with me bringing my 13 yr old daughter along? She'll just turn 13 and really wants to do a "real" ride with me.

I am 1,000,000% totally cool if you want it to be adults only...really. I understand the issues that can come up and the desire to avoid them.

If you could....answer here or PM me.

Thanks, Vito

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
C Nile said:
Some times my wife tells me I act like a 13 year old and I get to go to the rallies.
Your wife is being generous. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
vito said:
Denise.....I tried 3 PM's to you but it comes back to my mailbox each time.

Any issues with me bringing my 13 yr old daughter along? She'll just turn 13 and really wants to do a "real" ride with me.

I am 1,000,000% totally cool if you want it to be adults only...really. I understand the issues that can come up and the desire to avoid them.

If you could....answer here or PM me.

Thanks, Vito
Hey Vito,

It's ok as long as your daughter doesn't keep us up after 9pm. We're all getting kind of old. :lol:

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Vito--- I have no problem with you bringing your daughter- however keep in mind that when folks are away from their own kids-- some will be drinking and language is a little more colorful...

I doubt a kid would be exposed to more on this rally than they see on MTV every day though.. :lol:

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,209 Posts
vito said:
The ECR draws a sedate crowd focused on riding and site-seeing. I wouldn't hesitate to bring along one of my kids -- if I had any that was interested.

Bringing a youngster to the Canadian Rally, otoh, wouldn't be such a good idea.

·
Registered
11,082 Posts
denisep said:
Vito--- I have no problem with you bringing your daughter- however keep in mind that when folks are away from their own kids-- some will be drinking and language is a little more colorful...

I doubt a kid would be exposed to more on this rally than they see on MTV every day though.. :lol:
Not worried about the drinking or language.....she's heard some doozies from me while riding.
I'll mention this to her and take it from there. She'll be so disappointed to miss a day or two of school but she needs to have her priorities straight. :wink:

And I can't stress enough....if the circumstances change just PM me and I am totally cool with doing a solo thing.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
vito said:
denisep said:

Not worried about the drinking or language.....she's heard some doozies from me while riding.
I'll mention this to her and take it from there. She'll be so disappointed to miss a day or two of school but she needs to have her priorities straight. :wink:

And I can't stress enough....if the circumstances change just PM me and I am totally cool with doing a solo thing.
They're alluding to me with this talk of drinking and colorful language. I'll try to be good and if I forget, you can remind me.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts