Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey you guys! Just wanted to let you all know that I'm going to need someone to work on the ECR for October..

I really thought I could do it, but as you know, I've had a rough summer with injuries, and I'm going in today for an MRI for my shoulder and anticipate some time out to fix it.

I am really hoping to be back on the bike in time for the rally, but we'll see...

At this point, it's all I can do to get to work, and then get home and crash on the couch. Is there anyone who can jump in and help out with the planning??

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Seems like we'll need someone close by to call on the Hampton Inn or the Holiday Inn Express and check them out. As we get a little closer, we'll have to get a reservation at the Italian restaurant for Saturday, and find a place for friday night. I'll be glad to help in anyway I can.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Was planning on riding up there today to check out the hotels, but got "involved" in a family thing. :roll:

Anyway, don't worry D, we'll get er done.

8)

I've been working on ride routes, on maps and memory anyway. Was thinking about repeating a version of the 4 parks ride we did a few years back. BRP, Stone Mt, Hanging Rock and Pilot Mt state parks.

Unless you think that might be a bit much for folks.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
rickbb said:
I've been working on ride routes, on maps and memory anyway. Was thinking about repeating a version of the 4 parks ride we did a few years back. BRP, Stone Mt, Hanging Rock and Pilot Mt state parks.

Unless you think that might be a bit much for folks.
The way we did it last year -- about 150 miles with a pre-planned stop -- seemed to work very well. Rides like that should definitely be in the mix.

What we did the year before -- longer rides with more challenge -- was good, too, at least for some of us. I'd like to have that in the mix, too.

How about putting together half a dozen routes -- three of each types -- maybe with some overlap, and letting folks choose which works best for them? That leads to issues with ride captain/sweeper roles but we're probably mature enough to sort all that out.

On edit: If we get a Mt Airy hotel, Hanging Rock and Pilot Mountain State Parks could make a nice 90-mile run. You could probably add a few good roads to stretch it out a bit.

Same for Stone Mountain State Park and the BRP on the other side.

That could definitely be a morning/afternoon pairing with a lunch stop lunch + drop out/add in near the hotel.

Or something completely different...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts