Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be mounting a set of Champion hard bags this winter and have been looking at my options for quick release brackets. I have a set of the cheap ones from Mutazu... they worked okay at first but now they rattle like crazy over every bump and they are starting to droop from wear (only 2 years old). Looking at Edge and Easy brackets but leaning towards the Edge brackets because they have the option to mount from the two rear most bolts on the ACE fender rails which I need to have the brackets centered on the bags. Any one running these willing to shoot and post some pics? with bags on and off? Mostly interested in those of you who have used the ones for the rear most mounting points or Part Number GB-H-VT7R-106 (For medium to large size bags on bikes with no backrest installed, rear bolt installation)

·
Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
9,566 Posts
Edge Brackets are the only ones made for 1100 Ace if thats what you ride. Yes they are expensive but used ones are being used so to speak. Really like them with my Saddleman (in pic) bags. I did make bottom supports that attach to the brackets thus my bags don't sag etc.

·
Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
9,566 Posts
^^^^^
Nope but my bike is a HW road sofa and my bags always have gear in them.

·
Registered
461 Posts
My Willie and Max large Revolution bags are mounted with Edge brackets. They've been on the bike four years and 27,000 miles without problem. They do not rattle, but like h13man, I have "stuff" in them.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys.... I just need to pull the trigger I guess. based on where the bags sit I will need the ones that mount to the rear most fender bolts rather than the front ones... luckily Edge brackets are offered with this option unlike easy brackets.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts