Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an 02 Sabre 1100 with Cobra Slashcuts. I bought the bike used and don't know if the carb was jetted when the stock exhaust was replaced, but I suspect it may have been because I experience no bad behavior such as popping during decel.

I'm looking to put a quieter exhaust on it - possibly OEM. If the carb has been jetted would the carb just run a little rich with a more restrictive exhaust, or would I experience other issues or problems.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
You are correct. More resistive exhaust leads to richer a/f mixture. Well "other issues" depend on your definition. Too rich a mixture and the bike might start harder, warm up slower, be less fuel efficient, cause more carbon buildup on your spark plugs, pistons, mufflers etc. Personally, I would rejet.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are correct. More resistive exhaust leads to richer a/f mixture. Well "other issues" depend on your definition. Too rich a mixture and the bike might start harder, warm up slower, be less fuel efficient, cause more carbon buildup on your spark plugs, pistons, mufflers etc. Personally, I would rejet.
Pretty much what I figured. Thanks for confirming.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I'd agree with what was already posted, rejet it to stock sizes or close. if going back to factory.
you can still use dynojet or factory pro needles if the height is adjusted correctly, but if you have the adjustable needles and the top 2 grooves are cut off I wouldnt use them.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
I say invest in some baffle and fiberglass exhaust packing, baffle it down. It it possible to quite the pipes without restricing enough to need to worry about the jetting. The jetting and AF adjustments done for the Cobras will probably work with stock exhaust, with an AF screw adjustment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.