Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wsup John? The wife and I went to the Biblical Garden just outside of Grass Valley today. Who knew that place has been available to the public since 1976?
And on the way home via hwy 174 to Colfax I missed a photo op of a really colorful tree just past Smokey the Bear. I can't remember if it was before or after Ceder Ridge.
But, I was wondering if you have some free time if you could possible ride out and snap a picture of Smokey and that tree?
It's worth a cup of coffee next time we ride. (it'll have to be Denny's coffee, so I can use my AArp card to get my buck discount ;)
Or I can trade you this picture I took at the top of the Biblical Garden hill of which I had to climb to the 1800' level just to get it. No easy task for this beer belly I am toatn.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dang, you was just a couple of miles from me, that place is unique to say the least, been to a couple of weddings that were held there, like to ride that Old Auburn Rd every now and then.
I'll have to take a look for Smokey The Bare...lol right off hand can't place him, get out that way once in awhile so will keep my eye open, will have to be on my cell phone as I lost the cord to the camera so can't download from it.........bummer............old age and memory are on the downhill slide......
Glad you two had a good ride, will be down at McCellan Saturday Morning for the Memorial Dedication for the Crew of CG-1705 on Oct 29, 2011 at Coast Guard Air Station Sacramento. PGR has been invited.........
Auburn Rd sure was sweet. I know I'll be headed back there.
Sorry to hear about your cam cord. I misplaced the hardware package to my forward controll set up for the Shadow and I know as soon as I buy replacements, I will find them.
I'll check into the Memorial Dedication, not sure what my son has planned for this weekend, but I am thinking he wants to introduce his new GF to me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.