Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Making some modifications to 02 VLX. I cut the wires to the front and rear turn signals. Not sure what happened, but now I've lost neutral light and bike won't even attempt to start. I do have headlight and low beam/high beam signal light. Main fuse is good as are smaller fuses. Battery has been fine up to this point as well. What am I missing?

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
I'm gonna take a poke in the dark here. I don't know if you have a kickstand safety switch, but check and make sure the wire is pluged in and the connection is good. then check the switch itself. I'm just guessing here because I don't anything about your year vlx.

You should get a wirring diagram and trace out the wires you messed with. You either forgot to plug something back in, unknowingly unplugged something or just straight-up wired something wrong.

·
Registered
503 Posts
if your vlx is anything like my shadow there is a box at the front where all of the harnesses plug into.
under the horns.
you may have unplugged the handlebar harness or something when attacking the blinkers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I'll check those items. 2002 model. I didn't disconnect battery. Can't help but think I goofed up a fuse and it just isn't showing. Going to replace just to make sure. Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts