Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have sold my Spirit...just waiting for the money. It is amazing how the weather brings everyone out. I had 3 people interested in it. If all goes well, the new owner will have it early next week...once they get the cashier's check.

It is going to leave a huge hole in the garage and one in my heart. That bike has been great to me...and carried me every where I needed and wanted to go. It has been a good bike...and I know the new owner will get many more miles of enjoyment from it.

Needless to say...I am not going anywhere. Hell, you couldn't drive me away if you tried...and I know several folks have tried over the years. I am into this forum for the really long haul.

Of course, I will direct the new owner to this forum.

Now...off to care for the Valk... :D

· Registered
1,541 Posts
Joe -- congratulations! It is amazing how things heat up really quickly once the spring thaw starts. The "chatter" on this forum picked up considerably in the last two or so weeks ... lots of bike purchases and lots of talk about rides and such.

When I bought my Wing I traded my Spirit. I cleaned it up really well and rode it down to the dealer. It was, I'll admit, a bit sad to see that bike sitting there, looking pretty much just like it did the day I bought it a year earlier. It was my first "re-entry bike" after a 15 year hiatus. I hope someone gets a get used deal and enjoys the bike. I actually did enjoy the bike, but I itched for the longer ride which is why I drew a deep breath and took the plunge with a Wing.

Yesterday, on a long ride in Arizona, I came across a couple -- he with a 750 Shadow Aero, she with a 600 -- and the memories came rushing back.

For all the Shadow owners on this forum .. it's a great bike.

Congratulations on selling the bike, Joe!

· Registered
249 Posts
Its not the end of an ERA,its just another chapter in your life,for you will remember the shadow evry time you see one that looks remotely like it.
Enjoy the Valk and show her some more Luv.

· Registered
365 Posts
Re: End of an Era...

Spirit_1100 said:
Well, I have sold my Spirit...just waiting for the money. It is amazing how the weather brings everyone out. I had 3 people interested in it. If all goes well, the new owner will have it early next week...once they get the cashier's check.

It is going to leave a huge hole in the garage and one in my heart. That bike has been great to me...and carried me every where I needed and wanted to go. It has been a good bike...and I know the new owner will get many more miles of enjoyment from it.

Needless to say...I am not going anywhere. Hell, you couldn't drive me away if you tried...and I know several folks have tried over the years. I am into this forum for the really long haul.

Joe,

I hope you stick around!

I'd like to let you know that you are one of the first people that I hope responds to one of my postings when I seek technical advice. I really respect your opinion and experience and appreciate the time you take to offer your help. Not only do I look forward to you replying to my posts, I also look forward in reading your response to others as I rely on your knowledge to learn about Honda's and motorcycles in general. You definitely should receive an award of merit for your assistance to others!

Take care and we hopefully will continue to see you around here, Joe!

:D :D :D

· Registered
295 Posts

Spirit_1100 said:

Now you have to change your name....

· Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

sbartos said:
Spirit_1100 said:

Now you have to change your name....
I could do that....and use the name I have adopted in Chat and the other forum...

JoeValkIS

Let me think on it a bit...I hate to lose this name though...it has been with me for a long time.

· Registered
2,429 Posts
I hope you heal fast. I still have my Shadow. I listed it for sale, some one called and left me a message, but for some strange reason, I just could not call them back.
My ad expired and I still have the Shadow. I rode my wing for a short 150 miles very near the Sierra Nevada's today, and thought about my Shadow all day long.

· Registered
80 Posts
Spirit_1100, your many posts singing the praises of the Valk led me to start seriously considering the Valk in my quest to move from the Sabre to a bigger machine. So, I now have a Valk instead of a Sabre. I had to sell my Sabre to recoup some $$$ and make a place to store my Valk inside. Like others have said, the Sabre is "gone but not forgotten".

Ride safe!

· Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
destinrider said:
Spirit_1100, your many posts singing the praises of the Valk led me to start seriously considering the Valk in my quest to move from the Sabre to a bigger machine. So, I now have a Valk instead of a Sabre. I had to sell my Sabre to recoup some $$$ and make a place to store my Valk inside. Like others have said, the Sabre is "gone but not forgotten".

Ride safe!
Sweet machine. I like the colors on it...although everyone knows that black is faster. :twisted: :twisted:

I am curious though, what pipes do you have on your Valk? Those are not stock, but look to have a 3-tip end to them. Do you have a better picture of the end of them?

I have slightly modified stocks on my Valk. The "piggies" have been cut off so that it has a better (as in deeper) sound but is not loud...well, not too loud anyway. They also changed the tips out in favor of the slash cut Cobras.

Joe

· Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, the new owner left a little bit ago with his new bike.

It was tough watching him ride off...but I know he will enjoy the bike as much as I did.

Jeff has been given the address to the site...hopefully he will check in soon.

Bye Old Friend...

Now...where are my keys for the Valk !!! I need a little "comforting". :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

· Registered
80 Posts
Sweet machine. I like the colors on it...although everyone knows that black is faster. :twisted: :twisted:

I am curious though, what pipes do you have on your Valk? Those are not stock, but look to have a 3-tip end to them. Do you have a better picture of the end of them?

I have slightly modified stocks on my Valk. The "piggies" have been cut off so that it has a better (as in deeper) sound but is not loud...well, not too loud anyway. They also changed the tips out in favor of the slash cut Cobras.

Joe
Thanks Joe,

Black is faster, huh? That must be why most of the bikes I see on the road are BLACK! That's okay, cause I'm more into torque than speed anyway. My favorite bike color would be a candy apple red, but I like the 2 tone - I think it is pearl sonoma red and cream.

I believe those are stock pipes with a different tip - see
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OEM-...091625531QQcategoryZ35580QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem for a set of tips like it on eBay.

I added mustang seat, luggage rack, driving lights - other than that the bike is just like it was when I bought it about 6 weeks ago. So I can't tell you anything more about the pipes except that they are quiet and sound like OEM.

I'll join with the others in another post in giving you kudos - your posts have been valuable to me too!

Keep the good info coming.......

Ride safe

· Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
destinrider said:
Thanks Joe,

Black is faster, huh? That must be why most of the bikes I see on the road are BLACK! That's okay, cause I'm more into torque than speed anyway. My favorite bike color would be a candy apple red, but I like the 2 tone - I think it is pearl sonoma red and cream.

I believe those are stock pipes with a different tip - see
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OEM-...091625531QQcategoryZ35580QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem for a set of tips like it on eBay.

I added mustang seat, luggage rack, driving lights - other than that the bike is just like it was when I bought it about 6 weeks ago. So I can't tell you anything more about the pipes except that they are quiet and sound like OEM.

I'll join with the others in another post in giving you kudos - your posts have been valuable to me too!

Keep the good info coming.......

Ride safe
Hey Destin,

Me like !!! You may still be able to do the Piggie Modification to your bike. It will add a bit more sound.

Here is a site with a little information about this modification:

http://www.valkyrieriders.com/shoptalk/Pipes101.htm

It also contains information about drilling the baffles.

Joe

· Registered
80 Posts
Hey Destin,

Me like !!! You may still be able to do the Piggie Modification to your bike. It will add a bit more sound.

Here is a site with a little information about this modification:

http://www.valkyrieriders.com/shoptalk/Pipes101.htm

It also contains information about drilling the baffles.

Joe
Thanks, Joe, checked out the link, but I think I'll just leave the exhaust alone - for now at least.

Jeff (or Destin)
-

-

-
Ride safe

· Registered
2,089 Posts
Joe - if you change your name, how about Smart Ass? Just kidding.

I feel your pain on the sale, but you are just giving another unlimited therapy for a fixed price!

- Dan

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.