Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me on this?

How difficult is it to change the inner engine covers where the name "honda" is stamped-approx near the heel of your foot when sitting on the bike. I want to put cobra billet covers on, but wanted to get some thoughts before attempting. Is there any springs or gears that need to be tampered with to remove the housing? It looks like it just snaps into place on both sides of the engine after the main cover is removed. Has anyone done this mod yet?

Thanks
JP

·
Registered
76 Posts
covers

I'm intesersted in this too. Ive heard of it being done but no one has told me the "how-to" side of it. I dont mind the "honda" on the engine its the "Honda shadow" on my tank with a clear coat over it that bothers me

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
The 1100s, well at least my 02 Spirit, the engine covers are just a thin piece of tin basically with a chrome outter. They are held in place using an adheasive...that's right. I used a Benzo torch to heat it up a bit first and then a small screwdriver to slowly pry them away from the case.

Some turpintine or goo remover will take off the rest of the goop. Here is a shot with some of the adhesive still attached....

Heres what I used for coveres from Blueys custom alloys (dot com) in Australia...I chromed my plates though.

http://www.blueyscustomalloys.com/clutch.htm

Gonz

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Covers

I never would have thought they were glued on. Go figure.

Your covers are sweet. Thats exactly what I want to do to mine. I saw another bike that had the billet covers on and they set the engine off.

Thanks
JP

1 - 4 of 4 Posts