Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any engine guard bars available for the 1986 Shadow 750? I need something to put my feet up on for longer rides on the highway.

There seem to be bars available for tons of other bikes, for example:
Meancycles.com | HIGHWAY BARS OR ENGINE GUARDS / HIGHWAY BARS- ENGINE GUARDS

But I've searched high and low, and so far haven't seen anything for the 86 Shadow.

Somebody on here must have installed some bars on their 86 Shadow.... I'm looking to hear from that person!

Thanks very much
Markus

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well after a long wait, I finally snagged a nice set of engine guards for the 1986 VT750C on eBay:

All the other spare parts, foot pegs, front fender struts, etc. are part of the package. For $90, I'm pretty happy with the deal.

Does anybody else have these engine guards? I haven't received them yet but I wouldn't mind seeing some close up photos showing how they are installed, so I can be prepared when they do arrive.

Thanks
Markus

·
Registered
8 Posts
Are there any engine guard bars available for the 1986 Shadow 750? I need something to put my feet up on for longer rides on the highway.

There seem to be bars available for tons of other bikes, for example:
Meancycles.com | HIGHWAY BARS OR ENGINE GUARDS / HIGHWAY BARS- ENGINE GUARDS

But I've searched high and low, and so far haven't seen anything for the 86 Shadow.

Somebody on here must have installed some bars on their 86 Shadow.... I'm looking to hear from that person!

Thanks very much
Markus
I've got the same issue for my 86 honda vt700cc shadow. Anyone got a clue as to an alternative?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Was probably hard enough a decade ago. Now? You’d be extremely lucky to come across anything. You could check scrapyards to maybe find one in okay shape, but your best bet would be to take it to a small local welding shop. They could probably make up something custom for not too much money.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Well after a long wait, I finally snagged a nice set of engine guards for the 1986 VT750C on eBay:

All the other spare parts, foot pegs, front fender struts, etc. are part of the package. For $90, I'm pretty happy with the deal.

Does anybody else have these engine guards? I haven't received them yet but I wouldn't mind seeing some close up photos showing how they are installed, so I can be prepared when they do arrive.

Thanks
Markus
I have bars on my 86 VT700C but I think they basically just protect radiator. Can't recall. Let me look for a pic

·
Registered
8 Posts
Very sweet ride my friend. The guard is perfect as you said for protection of your radiator, thanks for sharing. I want to practice slow speed manuevers and I want to protect her if she falls, so engine or crash guard will be best bet for me.(y)
20201223_165200.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts