Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I picked up an engine guard off Ebay, and I need help identifying it/ figureing out how to install it. It looks a different then the cobra/mc ent ones... does anyone recognize this, or have you experiance installing it?

Up for bid is an engine guard that we took off a 97 VT1100 Spirit. It should fit 97-03 1100 Spirit and it possibly fits the earlier VT1100 Shadow. The guard is in very good condition. There is no rust or pitting. There are a couple very fine scratches and a very small (1/8") knick in the chrome. There are also 2 very small dings on the backside of the guard near one of the mounts. They are side by side and about the size of my pinky fingernail. They shouldn't be noticeable once the guard is mounted on your bike. All of these are very minor imperfections. I have only what you see in the picture. I don't know if any other bolts are needed. For those of you considering adapting this to a different bike the measurements are: 12 1/2" inside to inside of the brackets that the long bolt is going through, 8 1/2" from the other 2 mounts also measuring inside to inside, then measuring from the front 2 mounts to the rear 2 mounts is about 8 1/2".

ALSO - If it is not suitable for the SPIRIT, please let me know, so I can find it another home....

Thanks in advance for your help!
oil_rider

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here is a pict of it (not sure if the other post showed it

·
Registered
51 Posts
Looks like the same one on my bike (1996 1100 Spirit). If it is the same one, then it is a hondaline product and you can get the mounting instructions and hardware at any Honda dealer. Look at my sig picture, that bar goes around the radiator, the open part of the bar goes up top and the curved part goes on the bottom facing the front wheel. good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts