Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be getting an engine guard for my '02 SS 750 (as soon as I sell a couple more banjo's). Any suggestions / recomendations as to brand and where the best price and service might be?
I want one mostly for the looks, hi-way peg addition, and tip over protection.

Ron

·
Registered
5,978 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have almost the exact same setup as Eldorado on my ACE (sig pic hasn't been updated) and I think the guards are great. Great finish, not too bulky, and installation was very easy and feels very secure. Only downside was that I had to remove the exhaust to remove the right foot screw.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Check these out. I replaced my cobra bar with this. I got it on ebay for about $250 or so. Pricy, but when you add up a crashbar, and highway pegs, its about a wash.
http://www.lindbycustom.com/index.html

·
Registered
303 Posts
We went with MC Enterprises.
1- NOT an easy install, have time and patience.
2- Terrible instructions.
3- Finish and looks are great, good chrome.
4- With these bars and the wide tank, hiway pegs don't work for us.
5- They do work great at slow motion laydowns.
6- Hope wife is not reading this thresd.

·
Registered
270 Posts
sbartos said:
Check these out. I replaced my cobra bar with this. I got it on ebay for about $250 or so. Pricy, but when you add up a crashbar, and highway pegs, its about a wash.
http://www.lindbycustom.com/index.html
Cobras here also but if I were to do it again I would also go with the Lindbys . Only thing though is the height of where your legs would be on the LIndbys , too high for me . I have my highway pegs way down low .
So going to the Lindbys would be totally for the look , luv them .

·
Registered
942 Posts
I went with the Paladin bars. Easy install.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I also went with the Palidan bars, really like the way they look ... the install was a little tricky but still only took a couple of hours.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts