Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its time to buy Engine Guards for my 02 VLX.

I found the MC's at Cruisercustomizing.com for $148

Does anyone know of better bars or a cheaper place to buy them?

150 is about my max to spend.

Thanks

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Xoolo said:
VLXRookie said:
Holy moly. They want $82 to install them.

I think I will just figure them out on my own. (Wish I had some biker friends :( )
you do....
were right here. :)
Great!!! Ill go ahead and PM you my address and then get my beer and chair ready so I can supervise you work :lol: 8)

I got the bars and some bad directions and will be giving it a try sometime this week. Ill be back for help.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hey Bro,

I live up in Green Bay and do a lot of my own work. I can't tear apart and rebuild an engine but if you ever need anything not quite so involved, look me up. I'm always looking for an excuse to ride, and/or work on bikes...

Scott

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got them installed.

The only problem I had was that I took off the radiator guard, got the bar completely installed and then realized I wasnt going to be able to get the radiator guard back on so I had to take it back off and put the radiator guard back on first.

Other than that, went on easy and Im glad I didnt chicken out and pay 82 dollars for an hour of work that took me less than an hour.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Please post a pic of the ride with the new engine guards. I am considering the upgrade and would love to see how they look.

BTW - The sissy bar and backrest are supposed to be here Thurs but I am going to be in Atlanta/San Antonio - I am going to be dying get them from my work when I get back.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Oh my gosh those look awesome - ok, I wanna do it.

Where did you get 'em? Any pointers (other than the already posted) as to putting them on?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not bad: it's something I'll have to consider after I get my Cheap Chuck rollbag finished. I guess Im the opposite of j14woods though; I like big crash guards. Bigger guards give me more room to get my leg out if my bike decides it wants be on top for a change...

Kind of wish Lindby would make a Lindbar for the VLX; now that's a badass crash guard. :twisted:

It's really too bad that there arent as many aftermarket parts for the VLX as there are for other late-model Honda bikes. The 750s have so many parts that would look great on a VLX, but no one makes them for the bike. :(

Anyway, back to the thread: your bike really does look great. Just get some bags, touring pegs, backrest and a shield and you'll be set for the long haul. :)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Valin said:
Anyway, back to the thread: your bike really does look great. Just get some bags, touring pegs, backrest and a shield and you'll be set for the long haul. :)
Thanks!!!

I have the bags and the shield, just not on the bike right now.

I just sold the backrest because I didnt need it for me, and I dont take passengers.

As for not many after market parts, you are right. These were the only bars that I could find for the VLX. Honestly I got them more for looks than for protection. I love chrome!!!! LOL

My next addition will be a chrome radiator cover. I just sold a pair of chaps to be able to buy that.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.