Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Jeepers! You people are making me feel a bit better. Haven't forgotten to buckle the helmet but I have been all zipped up, gloves and glasses on, getting ready to swing a leg over only to spot my helmet sitting on the saddle bag. I also keep forgetting to zip the zippers on the sleeves of my leather jacket.

·
Registered
318 Posts
yeah i've done it a few times. i have a half helmet and the strap slams repeatedly into my ear. man that hurts. and makes ya a little bit deaf.

barrett

·
Registered
865 Posts
The one I hated is when I get off the bike and forgot to put the stand down

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
........and yet another good reason to not wear a helmet......... :wink:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Unfortunately I usually do it when riding with a group and I can't stop to fix it or I get left behind. Then I usually have to try to stuff it into the helmet. With my old CB750 I would forget to put the kick stand up and get quite a jolt when I leaned slightly. It was usually enough to fold the stand up for me. It was just the bikes way of saying Dumb S--t. On more than one occasion I have almost forgot to put the stand down also.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i forgot the strap once but forgetting to put the kickstand down before i get off the bike WOW :oops: :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:46 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was riding off this morning and thinking i was really really cold and then realized I forgot to take my gloves off the backseat and put them on.
I rode to work today in 26 degrees this morning and my hands were like ice cubes..i need better gloves

·
Registered
87 Posts
I guess I'm not real bright...I've forgotten to put the kickstand down and buckle my helmet. I guess I'm a little attention deficit.

·
Registered
336 Posts
There was a posting several days ago asking who was the oldest rider on the forum. It seemed the majority who replied were 50-ish. I'm 51, right in the average. I have done many of these dumb-ass things as well, and many more - biking and other things - that I would rather not remember, let alone admit to! Luckily, I'm old enough that I forget most of the dumb stuff I do, so that's a blessing.

Aaahhh....

What was I just talking about?

Gumpy

·
Registered
549 Posts
i've done it twice. the first time was coming home from a forum group ride. my bud (forum member twodawgz) and i had to pull over on the freeway so i could strap it.

the socond time was on a forum group ride through the twisties of the San Marcos Pass. i was 2nd in line, so i couldn't pull over safely with 5 bikes behind me. i had awful visions of going down in the twisties and having my helmet fall off.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Haven't forgotten to strap the helmet or kickstand, but occasionally forget to buckle a saddle bag flap. I'm sure it is quite a comic sight to see that flapping in the freeway breeze! lol!

·
Registered
242 Posts
I never completely unstrap my helmet. When I take it off, I loosen it all the way to the end, but leave it strapped. Makes it much quicker to put on. However, I HAVE forgotten to tighten it a couple of times. All I have to do is give it a tug while riding and it is tight.

·
Registered
264 Posts
With a full face helmet there is a possibility of getting helmet lift from the wind and having your vision obstructed right when you need it most. It could be cause for a bad day.

That being said I've probably had to pull over a half a dozen times in the past year or two because I have forgotten to strap my helmet.

Benny

1 - 18 of 18 Posts