Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to get my wife a MS Batwing for her '09 Vstar 650 Classic. She likes the look and wind protection. Bike has the white pearl paint, very nice bike. So pricing the wing, hardware and shield comes to $507. Ready to pull the trigger, I called a few paint shops. First quoted $520, more than the wing! Second guy gave me a price of $350. OK, we're getting better. Now I'm thinking I have a compressor, and a garage to paint it in. How hard would it be for me to prep, prime, paint and coat it myself? OR, if you've had one painted what did you pay?

·
Registered
429 Posts
While I have not painted a bat wing I did price up the paint to paint my saddle bags to match my bike. I have a two tone factory paint job. It requires a different base coat for both colors. Smallest can of paint available is one quart.
4 [email protected]$135/qt.= $540. So assuming you only need two quarts of paint and the rest of the supplies to do the paint, your materials cost alone is about $300. If you have someone who is going to do it for $350, I would let them go ahead and do the job as long as you know how their work quality.

·
Registered
10,215 Posts
I had my HD fairing painted last year for $215! It looks awesome! Just keep pricing, $350 might be fair, just depends on your area! I have $515 in total paint on mine.

·
Registered
526 Posts
There's a guy on here with a yellow MS batwing fairing & yellow hard bags. I'm sure if you looked around and messaged him, he could tell you how he did it.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Much appreciate the replies guys. Good info. I'll keep asking places around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts