Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost a year ago when i got the bike 2000 Shadow 750 14.4k: first thing i did was bash in the baffles and install a hiflo foam uni filter and boy it ran like crap afterwards wich led to a 4 week stay at the local mechanics shop (backlog) to readjust the carbs / air fuel ratio new plugs etc and a general lookover picked it up and the motors been runing great ever since. Now ive been looking at some loud Cobra drag pipes and id like to know if i were to install the pipes only no k and n filter housing, dont really see it nessasary since i got a hiflo foam unit. Would it run fine with the higher flow pipes or would it need carb jetting / adjustment.....?

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
You need to make sure he didnt jet it when you had it in his shop.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need to make sure he didnt jet it when you had it in his shop.
Dont beleive he jetted it. not on my invoice. Spoke to him after i posted this thread he says it should be fine. Another mech i spoke to bout a tire said if the new pipe has baffles it shouldnt need more carb work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.