Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok my exhaust were like this when I purchased the bike. It sounds awesome. People are constantly complementing me on the sound. But I was told I have to have some back pressure otherwise I'll never get it tuned quite right. Also I live out in the sticks and every time I clean my bike the exhaust blows dust all over the rear end and it's impossible to keep clean. I'm all ears to any ideas/suggestions.
Thank you
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Well... I think the rear pipe could be loosened and rotated so it points straight back, That would at least help with the dust blowing. Then a couple stock or cheap aftermarket mufflers added.
Brackets for mufflers appear to be missing. Cant tell if those are both stock pipes or what

kinda looks like these. Or change year and model to what yours is and see.

If nothing else get a couple of the " universal motorcycle can-opener baffles " (search) and stick in them. If you do, I'd at least try to get them the same length for better balance. And a couple universal pipe brackets the correct diameter. Edit: brackets are important, you do NOT want the cylinder head exhaust studs supporting the weight...

·
Registered
2001 Valkyrie I/S
7,022 Posts
To help with the back pressure make up some lollypop baffles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts