Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like to start by saying my bike is a shadow spirit 750. I have the stock exhaust with a holesaw mod, and would like to completely gut the exhaust and put a stage 1 jet kit in the bike. Has anybody done this before? I'm thinking I could just take a 2 inch hole saw with a 12 inch extension and cut the baffle out, but i'm not sure. I dont want to just keep cutting assuming it will come out, and end up cutting through the front of the pipe. I guess i'm asking, does anybody really know how the inner baffle is in there? And also, has anybody gutted this exhaust that knows what i'll be dealing with?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I cant totally answer your question, but on my 1100, which is the same as yours, I took the mufflers off, which gives alot better acess to each end when trying to modify them. I didthe holesaw mod, then drilled several 3/8 holes with a 12" bit. You can see the offset of the resonator plates when you look in the rear and front of the muffler with a flashlight. This gave a deeper tone when the 3/8 holes are drilled thru the resonator plates, allowing a more striaght thru flow. There used to be a link...somewhere... That had pics of our particular mufflers that were cut in 1/2 lonways, showing the "guts". Someone may chime in with the link to it.. But it does look like it would be a job gutting it entirly... Ill try to find it for ya and post the link. Good luck with it and if you do succed with it post the results and how you did it.

·
Registered
865 Posts
miller_87 said:
Just like to start by saying my bike is a shadow spirit 750. I have the stock exhaust with a holesaw mod, and would like to completely gut the exhaust and put a stage 1 jet kit in the bike. Has anybody done this before? I'm thinking I could just take a 2 inch hole saw with a 12 inch extension and cut the baffle out, but i'm not sure. I dont want to just keep cutting assuming it will come out, and end up cutting through the front of the pipe. I guess i'm asking, does anybody really know how the inner baffle is in there? And also, has anybody gutted this exhaust that knows what i'll be dealing with?
I want to do the same thing with my 750 Spirit. I have a spare stock exhaust in case I screw it up beyond repair. Keep us posted on your progress

·
Registered
72 Posts
Use the search button on the upper Bar and you will find the posts. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts