Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this up from another forum I use...

A day before re-registering the '99 Drifter 1500, I learnt that there is a $750 defect fine for non-original exhaust - this is regardless of Db. $1500 for second offence and $3000 and confiscation of m/c for a third offence. The m/c shops won't do a roadworthy if you have a non original exhaust - even though they have no sound testing equipment, and a noise test is not part of the requirement - the RTA went around and put the wind up all of them.

I went to the car garage that does the family cars, and got it done there. As I don't ride in a (large) outlaw group, I am not likely to be pulled over on the Freeway. However, Police cars have photo recognition and noise detection running on their computers. The cops don't even know that you have been detected - the car computer just sends it to the big computer, and you get a notice in the mail - hands free.

Wonderful to be living in a free country , isn't it !!!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Are they still calling it England, or has it been renamed Oceania yet?

·
Registered
503 Posts
my heart goes out to you man.
maybe its time to immigrate to southern US.
theres still a bit of bullshit to deal with here in the ol' US but at least i can carry my guns on me, and i can pretty much run my bike however i want as long as im not impersonating a police officer.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Wow! Just glad I moved to the US right before college. I probably wouldn't be even riding had I still lived over there.

·
Premium Member
8,878 Posts
One of the reasons I left.. Way too much government.. That and the weather is usually crappy :)

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Don't think you are safe is the USA either!

You would probably be surprised at how many states here in the US make exhaust modifications illegal. In Florida, any modification to the exhaust which increases the original db levels, is illegal. Here... check your state..

State-by-state motorcycle laws

·
Registered
503 Posts
You would probably be surprised at how many states here in the US make exhaust modifications illegal. In Florida, any modification to the exhaust which increases the original db levels, is illegal. Here... check your state..

State-by-state motorcycle laws
ohshit, really?
i havnt gave **** one since i rebuilt mine, and there are loads of things that arent quite stock.
i might be in trouble.

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry, I didn't make myself clear.. this was not from a British forum..this is happening in the good old US of A now...not in Britain.. that is why the fine is in dollars..

John.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Sorry, I didn't make myself clear.. this was not from a British forum..this is happening in the good old US of A now...not in Britain.. that is why the fine is in dollars..

John.
Uh oh! Now you've done it. Those immigrants above will now start moving back to the UK yo avoid our oppressive laws here In the US.

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are they still calling it England, or has it been renamed Oceania yet?
I think we would have to drift a few miles to qualify..England is in the Northern hemisphere....

John.

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Uh oh! Now you've done it. Those immigrants above will now start moving back to the UK yo avoid our oppressive laws here In the US.
Oh my God..Bloody Brits going to America, sleeping with your women, taking your jobs..no wonder the country is in such a bad way.. I understand that even some of your top polititians are suspected of not being born in the USA. those jobs could have gone to some good old boys from Tucson..

John.

·
Premium Member
7,686 Posts
Oh my God..Bloody Brits going to America, sleeping with your women, taking your jobs..no wonder the country is in such a bad way.. I understand that even some of your top polititians are suspected of not being born in the USA. those jobs could have gone to some good old boys from Tucson..

John.
LMAO!:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
again!
please tell me theres a video of this happening.
Never seen a video of this but have read about it. Apparently Morgan said something about Clarkson's wife (not good) in public and Clarkson punched Morgan in the mouth I guess.

Supposedly they have had words before. Jeremy just strikes me as someone who you wouldn't want to **** with.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Unwritten procedure here is that cops don't bother loud m/c exhausts. They go by the rule that "loud pipes save lives".

Now, on the other hand don't be rude to them, don't do stupid sh*t, because they can always fall back on the law and take your bike, they have every right to do that. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Behave and you'll have no worries around here.

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Jeremy just strikes me as someone who you wouldn't want to **** with.
He doesn't do anything for me, he is on record as saying he doesn't like motorcycles or the folks that ride them..

I don't dislike him, but I would rather see someone do the same job with motorcycles..

Both of our countries have some very interesting roads, it would be good to see some new and old bikes riding around them and some other parts of the world..

John.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
He doesn't do anything for me, he is on record as saying he doesn't like motorcycles or the folks that ride them..

I don't dislike him, but I would rather see someone do the same job with motorcycles..

Both of our countries have some very interesting roads, it would be good to see some new and old bikes riding around them and some other parts of the world..

John.
Oh I know he HATES motorcycles, that was what made watching them ride scooters in Vietnam so funny. IMO Richard Hammond would be the one to do a Top Gear Motorcycle edition.

I like watching Top Gear, I love British humor.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts