Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When ordering a factory new Shadow is there an option on different types of exhaust or are the louder pipes all an aftermarket item ?
I'm reading a little about carbs and such needing adjusted according to what type of pipes you install ?
Is your factory warranty void if the pipes are changed out ?

I know I could ask all of this at the dealership but thought I'd run it through here to see what people have experienced in engine difference after the change out.
Right now my new to me Spirit has Cobra that I really like, could be slightly louder but I think they'll do just fine. After a season of riding I'd like to step up to a new Phantom and would like to modify things as soon as it's purchased. Vance and Hines vs Cobra ?
I think I'm going to like this slow, low and loud riding. :cool::D

· Registered
5,282 Posts
When you order a new Phantom you can choose between (2) colors and that's it...no pipe options or anything else for that matter. You'd have to ask 'your' dealer about the warranty. I'd guess each dealer might be different on this. Give them a call and ask for the Service Manager.

· Registered
356 Posts
My local dealer has a brand new Shadow in stock that they installed Cobra exhaust on and rejetted. It's not a Phantom but if they can do the Spirit I don't see why they couldn't do any bike. The bike is priced about $800-$1000(cant remember exactly) above all the others but it also has the special blue paint with flames which also adds to the price so I don't know how much it would be just for the exhaust and jetting.

· Registered
2,698 Posts
The phantom is FI so no carbs. You can try to add pipes, and a dyno-tuner but it will cost extra $$. Or, you can buy the bike and do it yourself when you have the $. I changed out my pipes only and have not added a tuner and it seems fine. My bike is a 2010 with black v&h shortshots with quiet baffle (which imho should be stock baffle in these).

Dingo

· Registered
80 Posts
I would suggest a cobra tuner if you do the pipes so you don't have to worry about snaps or pops or your gas mileage going down hill. I have VH Short shot pipes on my phantom and I love them I get a lot of compliments on them wherever I go!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.