Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can a 2011 Honda shadow phantom exhaust pipes fit on a 2002 Honda shadow vt750cd ace?

·
Registered
925 Posts
That's a definite don't know. Friend and I were comparing my 01 750 Ace to his 05? Aero, things looked close except for the Aero's wider rear axle. The Aero muffler had the inside rear area flattened to clear the axle nut while the Ace didn't, so the older Ace would not clear on the Aero.. The Aero "may" fit the Ace IF the ports on the heads are the same. Would probably be mounting bracket mods involved also. I do not know if anyone has ever verified if the exhaust ports are the same or not. The cylinder head itself is a different part number from 2004 onward. so maybe not or could be due to going to single carb with different intake arrangement. just can't say for sure. Hope this helps Maybe someone else has tried it and will reply...

·
Registered
925 Posts
fwiw, the head gaskets are the same,,,

·
Premium Member
1999 Shadow 750 ACE VT750CD3 Modified
3,251 Posts
I'm a don't know as well, but think maybe with a bit of work, definitely won't be a straight bolt on as the frames are different as well as the other engine changes.
The later shaft drive engines are also wider at the crankcase due to the plastic covers and the relocated dipstick and AFAIK the front pegs are not in the same place.
You might get lucky and it will be a simple adaptation, but I would not bet my money on it without doing a bunch of measuring first.

FWIW: The head gaskets also fit the NT650, NTV650, NT650V, XL650V and XRV650 and probably more, a lot of diverse cousins.
At one point I was thinking of using a set of stainless steel Africa Twin 650 pipes that I found for cheap as the basis of making new pipes for my ACE and then I got lazy and bought off the shelf.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a definite don't know. Friend and I were comparing my 01 750 Ace to his 05? Aero, things looked close except for the Aero's wider rear axle. The Aero muffler had the inside rear area flattened to clear the axle nut while the Ace didn't, so the older Ace would not clear on the Aero.. The Aero "may" fit the Ace IF the ports on the heads are the same. Would probably be mounting bracket mods involved also. I do not know if anyone has ever verified if the exhaust ports are the same or not. The cylinder head itself is a different part number from 2004 onward. so maybe not or could be due to going to single carb with different intake arrangement. just can't say for sure. Hope this helps Maybe someone else has tried it and will reply...
Thank you

·
Registered
06' VT1100C/99' GL1500C Valkyrie
9,028 Posts
Reactions: CSRoad
1 - 6 of 6 Posts