Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the RB Street Classics the same pipes as the HK American Classics, just marketed under a different name? They look identical and even a lot of the wording on the websites (FAQ's etc.) are the same.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
no idea. certainly looks very similar. the RBs seem to be a couple inches longer.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no idea. certainly looks very similar. the RBs seem to be a couple inches longer.
Yes they do. I wonder if that extra couple of inches would make them deeper or quieter? Can you tell I'm itching to switch from my stockers to something with a bit more authority?!:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Yes they do. I wonder if that extra couple of inches would make them deeper or quieter? Can you tell I'm itching to switch from my stockers to something with a bit more authority?!:mrgreen:
yeah not sure. the difference will likely be very small. but it also depends how they're built inside.

ONE THING to note, as '95shadow1099' and I have discussed, is that the HKs and likely these RBs put the rear cylinder pipe directly in front of the rear axle bolt. so when it comes time to put a new rear tire on or do any maintenance that requires removing the rear wheel, you'll need to remove that one pipe. or at least loosen it to get it out of the way. not terrible, but something to bear in mind.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah not sure. the difference will likely be very small. but it also depends how they're built inside.

ONE THING to note, as '95shadow1099' and I have discussed, is that the HKs and likely these RBs put the rear cylinder pipe directly in front of the rear axle bolt. so when it comes time to put a new rear tire on or do any maintenance that requires removing the rear wheel, you'll need to remove that one pipe. or at least loosen it to get it out of the way. not terrible, but something to bear in mind.
I just read on a Harley forum that the Roadburners are made by Hard Kromes, don't know how reliable that is. Cheapest i could find the RB Street pros were $560.00, more than $100 more than the Strippers (although they did have the end caps). Don't think the extras few inches is worth that!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts