Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm outside now trying to remove the rear brake pedal assembly to replace it and repaint the bracket that holds it on. I've found that I need to remove the exhaust pipes to do so. I've never removed these before and was wondering if you experienced guys could help me out, can I just unbolt them from the heads and pop them off? Hopefully I'll get an answer soon lol. Thanks!

Btw, its on a 750 ACE

·
Registered
162 Posts
depending on how you are going about it, you may not have to remove the pipes.
I took my ACE pedal off with out removing the exhaust.
I just disconnected the Long brake rod at the switch and removed the little cotter pin and the whole assembly poppedout.
The hardest part was getting at the cotter pin, but I took my time and it came out... I replace the pedal and put it all back together the saem way.
Don't get me wrong, it would probably be easier andyou would have more room with the pipes off, but you definatley don't have to remove them...
Just my 2 cents...
Goodluck
O

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
If you remove the pipes at the heads you will need a pair of replacement exhaust gaskets when it goes back together. Hence if you don't have them in hand - and the dealership doesn't have them in stock, which is not unusal around here then you will be down for a couple days waiting for the parts.

Removing the mufflers is an option on some models.......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.