Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
225 Posts
morepower said:
I started riding last summer after several years off and I have a newbie question. I hear a lot about poker runs and there are a few in my area each summer. So I don't seem too much like an idiot when I decide to join one, someone 'splain to me how they work.

Thanks
as dave linked....

it's pretty much a cruise with stops.

at those stops you collect cards from the "dealer".

at the end, the best (and usually worst) hands win part of the pot or some other prize.

basically, it's a very slow cruise with several opportunites to talk to each other, and take pics. (it gives you more scenery than everyone else's back)

· Registered
225 Posts
another interesting factoid of cruises in general (poker runs, or just typical rallies)

if the vanguard (the folks up front) are doing the speed limit, there is a 90% chance the folks in the back are doing 5-10 over most of the time.

i don't know why this happens, but i will assume it's due to people in the middle stretching the pack out, and the folks in the back trying to pack it up again.

i'm always in the lead when my car club goes on show runs, i navigate, and i choose one guy (usually the most annoying headlights) to be the back marker. as long as I can see him, i know i've got my group with me.

But i also make sure that everyone who travels with me knows they must keep up. if thye fall behind, and slow the middle of the pack, they get pushed behind the back marker, and i don't care if they keep up or not.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.