Honda Shadow Forums banner

Extended foot controls back to original - Need help!

5K views 35 replies 7 participants last post by  woodworker 
Hey yall, i need some help with my foot controls. I am new here but couldnt find a post with what i need. So i just bought a 1999 Shadow ACE(VT750CD) and the prior owner was over 6ft tall. The issue im having is the foot controls have been extended due to his height. I need to go back to the orginal linkages but cant find them or the part numbers. I need to know what it looks like orginally, part numbers, a stock pic and if i can use the existing foot rests with oem linkage. I dont have anything to compare it to. To give a little background he was over 6ft and i am 5ft 5 at 120 lbs. Another issue is my right foot has a limited range of motion due to a disability so i need to bring the brake pedal up and rearward so i can push it down easier. In order for me to ride the bike i have to basically sit on the tank. Yes i can ride it but not to comfortable have the chrome covers that covers the power distribution and tool kit area press in the back of my thighs. I appreciate any and all help from y'all. I have included a pic of the bike(one in the back is my dads).

Thank you!
B
Hey yall, i need some help with my foot controls. I am new here but couldnt find a post with what i need. So i just bought a 1999 Shadow ACE(VT750CD) and the prior owner was over 6ft tall. The issue im having is the foot controls have been extended due to his height. I need to go back to the orginal linkages but cant find them or the part numbers. I need to know what it looks like orginally, part numbers, a stock pic and if i can use the existing foot rests with oem linkage. I dont have anything to compare it to. To give a little background he was over 6ft and i am 5ft 5 at 120 lbs. Another issue is my right foot has a limited range of motion due to a disability so i need to bring the brake pedal up and rearward so i can push it down easier. In order for me to ride the bike i have to basically sit on the tank. Yes i can ride it but not to comfortable have the chrome covers that covers the power distribution and tool kit area press in the back of my thighs. I appreciate any and all help from y'all. I have included a pic of the bike(one in the back is my dads).

Thank you!
Did you ask the prior owner if he saved the parts he took off? I used scoot mods to extend mine and know you will need the stock brake rod for sure. Assuming it's similar to my 2006 spirit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.