Honda Shadow Forums banner

Extended foot controls back to original - Need help!

5K views 35 replies 7 participants last post by  woodworker 
I ain`t good at posting pics of mine, but yours is the same as mine...
Check your private messages...
We might can do it another way...???
Cell phone pics MIGHT be a way to go???

Lets RIDE,
Dennis

YES!
Please keep this information coming!!
I`m looking into this forward controls swap...
I`m researching too, please help us out with comments, pictures and links...

We`re looking forward to this ;)
Dennis

I just converted my 03 back last summer. iirc: I believe all it took was removing the kit and locating an original shift linkage rod.. (could cut the extended one off and rethread it, 6x1.0mm threading die needed) You DO have to pull the stock exhaust to get the frame bolts out, maybe not if you have aftermarket exhaust...

Edit: I liked the extensions for around town and shorter rides, Last trip I was ready to toss them on the side of the road after about the 8th day. 5'11" 32" inseam...

still on the bench if any taller people are interested, make offer. bare aluminum, Not as nice as the TC brothers kit.
I`m pondering making the swap...
So then what with my 32" inseam, these forwards might just be UNcomfortable for me too then...
BUT You never Know until you try :D
BUT Then again, I like to learn from mistakes that Others have made too,
Dennis

Those foot peg mounts look almost stock items, you might be able to re-use those...
I don`t room for those in my application,what with the crashbar and all...
Anybody got got "forwards" AND Crashbar???
I RODE,
Dennis

Those foot peg mounts look almost stock items, you might be able to re-use those...
I don`t room for those in my application,what with the crashbar and all...
Anybody got got "forwards" AND Crashbar???
I RODE,
Dennis
I don`t SEE room for those i

You might adjust the throttle stop to bring the idle speed up a tadd, to get to stop shutting off like that...
OR that May only be of no help IF things are still clogged,
D

At the carb end of the throttle cables you`ll see the thumbscrew to adjust the throttle stop/idle speed...
Clockwise will speed it up a tad, (IF I remember correctly)...
Some folks like to turn the idle WAAY Down, BUT ???

This MAY NOT cure your stalling problem though, IF it`s still got trash internally...

Good Luck,
D

It being 29 degrees this morning, I`ll wait for our "high" of 45 before I straddle the saddle, for my trip to town...

I`m thinking there might be a spring on the thumbscrew to keep tension on it, BUT???
Mine`ll stay where I adjust it to, if I don`t bump it...
It ain`t loose by any means...

The clutch IS adjusted correctly, ain`t it??
Meaning > it`s not the issue?
Afterthought > You might wanna run a couple shots of Seafoam (or equivalent) through a couple tanks of gas to help clean the crud from those passages too...
Just thinking outloud,
D

How about the air filter?, Has it been changed or does it need to be???
Mine has been sitting TOO LONG!
Unable to ride due to Drs. orders, BUT I`m back in the saddle and adding miles to the 164,000 already on it ;)
However this morning`s 24 degrees kinda puts a damper on my riding,
Dennis

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.