Honda Shadow Forums banner

Extended foot controls back to original - Need help!

5K views 35 replies 7 participants last post by  woodworker 
#1 ·
Hey yall, i need some help with my foot controls. I am new here but couldnt find a post with what i need. So i just bought a 1999 Shadow ACE(VT750CD) and the prior owner was over 6ft tall. The issue im having is the foot controls have been extended due to his height. I need to go back to the orginal linkages but cant find them or the part numbers. I need to know what it looks like orginally, part numbers, a stock pic and if i can use the existing foot rests with oem linkage. I dont have anything to compare it to. To give a little background he was over 6ft and i am 5ft 5 at 120 lbs. Another issue is my right foot has a limited range of motion due to a disability so i need to bring the brake pedal up and rearward so i can push it down easier. In order for me to ride the bike i have to basically sit on the tank. Yes i can ride it but not to comfortable have the chrome covers that covers the power distribution and tool kit area press in the back of my thighs. I appreciate any and all help from y'all. I have included a pic of the bike(one in the back is my dads).

Thank you!

Attachments

See less See more
#31 ·
How about the air filter?, Has it been changed or does it need to be???
Mine has been sitting TOO LONG!
Unable to ride due to Drs. orders, BUT I`m back in the saddle and adding miles to the 164,000 already on it ;)
However this morning`s 24 degrees kinda puts a damper on my riding,
Dennis

#32 ·
Just past sunday i cleaned the filter has a hypercharger on it. I had the k&n cleaning kit since all my cars have k&ns. My neighbor had a 99 600 he thinks its the choke. He says that its possible that i push it back in to turn it off its closing off the carb to much to idle.

#34 ·
I'd have to question your neighbor's knowledge of this bike. These don't have a choke butterfly etc to close it off. The "choke" knob opens an enrichment port in each carb, enriches the mixture and speeds up the idle. if it dies when pushing the knob in you probably need to remove the caps over the pilot screws if you haven't yet, then remove the pilot screws and blow some carb cleaner through the passages. idle speed knob on left side could be way off also. pay attention to the parts diagram, don't lose anything and put them back in the correct order.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.