Honda Shadow Forums banner

Extra Tailight Lighting........show me yours!!!

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  silvershadow55 
#1 ·
Hey all.
I am at work, and have not had a chance to really search this site all that well, but I thought I would post this in the event there is nothing about this topic.( not likely, but possible )

I want to add some lighting at the rear of the bike, Specifically, a lighted License Plate frame, a couple of Red LED's etc...
I am driving an 02' ACE
I pulled the tail light assembly off last night, and now see the wires, but I am wondering how all of you run the extra wiring into the tailight assembly?
Did you drill a small hole in the chrome housing or what? ( Pics would be awesome )

Second, how do you get the clear license plate light out of the casing. I had the casing apart, however I can't seem to see how the bulb comes out, and I didn't want to start prying things apart as it is pretty cold up here, and I am sure something would have broken.....

Any tips or pics would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
O

See less See more
#3 ·
I am in the process of buying some lights for the license plate on my wifes AERO. I am going with the small chrome bullet lights takes the place of the reflectors that are currently above the plate. They have small LED lights and are very bright.

My buddy has done all of my wiring for me as he is a pro at it. He runs the wires down and under the license plate light and then connects them to the brake light or turn signals.

You can find these lights on E-Bay.

One word of caution, I would look for LED lights. I bought a pair of lights off E-Bay last month that had standard bulbs and they fried the lenses within 5 minutes. Of course the vendor wouldn't stand behind them and wouldn't answer my inquiries so I ate the cost of them and threw them in the junk.

Once I buy the new set and get them installed, I will give a report with pictures here for everyone.

Chris

#4 ·
I haven't installed any additional lighting on my 1100 Spirit but I have installed a tail light communicator to make me stand out. The link will give you an idea of what it can do but in reality it's even better. I have had many bikers pull up and ask what I had done to make my lights do that. I opted for the California program for my bike. With the communicator, I don't think any additional lighting is needed to be noticed in daylight or at night. Just my humble opinion but I love the thing.

Alan

http://www.kriss.com/tbmsystem.html

#6 ·
I replaced ALL my rear lights with LEDs. I got the board from ClearAlternatives that houses the turn signals in with the brake light (and yes I had to drill two small holes in the chrome bucket to get the turn signal wires there) and then I replaced the turn signal bulbs with red LED units about 1 3/4 inch diameter and rewired them to act as running/brake lights. then I added a small pair of amber LED lights that sit right on the fender 'eyebrows' and actually replace one of the pairs of bolts, these are also turn signals. So, I have 3 red running lights, 3 brake lights, and two each turn signal. It was not too hard to do, if you have any specific questions just let me know.

-Scott

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.