Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought and installed a universal batwing fairing on my aero 750 and never rode with one before it seems 2 me that the engine sounds different and my speedo says im going 70 but feels like 50 55 is this normal for a fairing or should I check for issues with the speedo?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like scootin fast enough to feel a little wind lol. It just seems like im in 4th going 70+ but i am in 5th never had this issue before maybe im just overreacting and nothing has changed maybe just the sound but i dont know

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
I bought and installed a universal batwing fairing on my aero 750 and never rode with one before it seems 2 me that the engine sounds different and my speedo says im going 70 but feels like 50 55 is this normal for a fairing or should I check for issues with the speedo?
[/QUOTE. Normal. That's one of the reasons a number of us don't care for them. I'm sure you'll get used to it.

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
You will hear more and different engine sounds with a windshield or faring. It freaked me out for a while but you will get use to it.

The “feeling” of speed is different because you are not feeling the wind hitting you straight on. I seriously doubt there was any physical/mechanical changes to your bike just because you put a faring on it.

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bdilz99 and kezug

·
Registered
202 Posts
^^^ What Eric said. This was my feeling as well when I put a windshield on. While I liked the wind, and sometimes still do, on long rides it is more comfortable having the shield as it reduced the beat down on my upper body. All this also helps with speed as I found myself easily going faster because I was not feeling the wind beating me down, holding me back, and thus, naturally went faster as a result.

Another thing I learned about my Sabre 1100 and potentially may be same for your bike, is that the speedo's on these types of bikes, if speedo is cable driven, can read a higher MPH than your actual speed. It can be up to 10% off. I am exactly 10% off as I tested my speed up against a car and another motorcycle. They would be going 60 MPH, but my speedometer was at ~66.

Lastly, we need pics of your bike and fairing, we like pics, share some pics :)

·
Registered
1999 Shadow 750 ACE VT750CD3 Modified
4,118 Posts
The fairing channels the engine noise from the front cylinder right at you, therefore different sound.
The fairing blocks some of the wind trying to tear you off the bike, the mind tends to equate wind with speed as the faster you go the windier it gets and with a fairing all of a sudden the mind is hey wait a minute the speedometer is wrong.
When speed doubles the aerodynamic forces quadruple.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am looking for fairings for my 750 aero. What did you install?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I ordered the mutazu 34inch universal batwing fairing off amazon for $167 and a $50 clear 8 inch windscreen the 11 inch tinted one that came with it was to tall and to dark

If using bars that are 1 1/4 thick you will have 2 heat a bar that is same thickness and shimmy the top mounting clamp to fit the bar like j did but it works great

1 - 12 of 12 Posts