Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2001 VT750 Shadow Spirit
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found out that this past week my buddy laid his bike down. Broke his collar bone and tibial plateau plus lots of road rash. He under went his second surgery yesterday to put plates in on both sides of his knee. I feel bad for him as this was his first season of riding since rebuilding his bike after his accident 1.5 years ago when a truck pulling out into traffic cut across three lanes and hit his bike. This was also his wife first season back on a bike since her accident last year when a lady ran a stop sign and totaled her bike.
Glasses Sky Cloud Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
'99 VT750CD ACE
483 Posts
Don't like hearing about these things but it's a reality. Hoping for a quick recovery for your buddy.

You can be the safest rider around but regardless of traffic, dirt or whatever caused it, for me it re-enforces the keep your head on a swivel mentality.

·
Registered
2001 VT750 Shadow Spirit
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hope he has a quick recovery.
How are his spirits though all this?
I think they are down in the dumps. He hasn't seen his bike so doesn't know how bad the damage is. Did say he's ready to go riding already.

·
Registered
1999 Shadow 750 ACE VT750CD3 Modified
4,763 Posts
Well at least he isn't quitting.
Maybe you can get permission to check out his bike wherever they've taken it, shoot some pictures so he can get an idea what he is dealing with.
It may help occupy his mind and they can plan the recovery or replacement.
Steps forward can help pull them out of the dumps.

·
Registered
1998 750 ACE
20,302 Posts
Yeah we always come back...
IF we LOVE what we Do...
I asked How long before I can Ride, First question outta my mouth,
D

·
Registered
2013 Honda Shadow Phantom 750
4,544 Posts
Hate to see that your buddy went down, but he made it through that part. I figure he will make it the rest of the way.

Here’s to a speedy recovery

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
159 Posts
Sucks bad. Real bad. You can't trust anyone on the road at all. Guy I work with did the same thing, wasn't wearing his helmet, did a high side. Lost memory for a whole month. A year and a half later, he's still not 100%.

Practice ATGATT, my people.
All The Gear All The Time.
Helmet, armored jacket, armored gloves, armored pants, boots.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts